Partner Chainsaw Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K650

question for you partner guys, will a k650 piston and jug work for my s65 and if not how about just the piston.

ANSWER: NO, k650's are 50mm just like the Partner P70/7000, but with decomp valve. P55/P70/CS550/650 cases are the Pro case with larger opening for the cylinder skirt. The 55 and 65 have small opening on the case skirt than the P55 P70 CS 550/650. The R series 55cc and 65cc are interchangable but not P55 P70 7000 or K650/700

The K650 is the same as a K700 both 50mm your S65 is 48mm.

I have used a few P/C for the 65 if interested.

Duane

Farmer Collection p70

Just some pics of the Farmer work saws F65A 65cc, and my K650 handled frankensaw P70 T-port "Ported" along with Farmer 65a bow saw

Duane

Last edited:
Just some pics of the Farmer work saws F65A 65cc, and my K650 handled frankensaw P70 T-port "Ported" along with Farmer 65a bow saw

Duane

Nice Duane, what is the purpose of a Bow saw? why did they make them? and why do people still use them ? Maybe I need one. These are 3 questions that I need answers to:laugh:

I'm not Duane but I can answer a couple of those.

1) The purpose...Bow saws can't pinch.
When the log comes together it is in the middle of the bow and you just keep sawing.

2) Why....They were made primarily for the southern pulpwood cutters to buck the logs into lengths. they are shaped as they are to reduce bending over. (You cut with the front)

3)Why do people still use them....mostly for the fun and novelty of it around here.

4) Do you need one?.....Sure why not!

Mike

Oiler gear puller

Someone was asking about a puller for the coarse 500/5000 oiler gear pullers. Hers's one I made, it's made from a 1/2-3/8" NPT adapter and various pieces shown on the 1st photo. The threads on the 1/2" end are 14TPI which loosely matches the oiler gear.

IMG_0482a.jpg

It's in the back on the second photo.

HPIM6472a.jpg

Bows on Partners

Nice Duane, what is the purpose of a Bow saw? why did they make them? and why do people still use them ? Maybe I need one. These are 3 questions that I need answers to:laugh:

All been stated already!! Bucking logs never been easier!!! BUT THEY CAN BE PINCHED!! but its very hard. They are heavier but easy on the back I love them. AND!!! they are costly but NO one here in Wa. ever herd of them so I found a screamin good deal on some and bought them, now I love them. Just look around the thread from Mr Bow Saw
YOU NEED ONE!!! and a 65cc Partner to run it

Duane

Workin Partners

The Ported F65a 24" Full comp. Also pictured with my PP405. The F65a is faster but not for long, Two stage reeds and an SDC 80 will fix that YES I know my chains loose!
And stock P70 T-port with 28" Skip working on big Maple (Buddy, Big Larry running it) Poor pics but I wasn't going to THAT side of the tree!!! DANGER DANGER

Duane

Last edited:
I'm not Duane but I can answer a couple of those.

1) The purpose...Bow saws can't pinch.
When the log comes together it is in the middle of the bow and you just keep sawing.

2) Why....They were made primarily for the southern pulpwood cutters to buck the logs into lengths. they are shaped as they are to reduce bending over. (You cut with the front)

3)Why do people still use them....mostly for the fun and novelty of it around here.

4) Do you need one?.....Sure why not!

Mike

Well now that is pretty cool thanks for the info.

All been stated already!! Bucking logs never been easier!!! BUT THEY CAN BE PINCHED!! but its very hard. They are heavier but easy on the back I love them. AND!!! they are costly but NO one here in Wa. ever herd of them so I found a screamin good deal on some and bought them, now I love them. Just look around the thread from Mr Bow Saw
YOU NEED ONE!!! and a 65cc Partner to run it

Duane

I posted a photo a month or so back of 3 saws I have but did not know the cc.I was hopeing that one of them might be a bigger one but I think you said ,one is a r55 one is a f55a and one is a r517 all of which are 55cc saws? at least I think that is what you said .I have them all running and they run good to.Although I have not cut any wood w/them yet.

The Ported F65a 24" Full comp. Also pictured with my PP405. The F65a is faster but not for long, Two stage reeds and an SDC 80 will fix that YES I know my chains loose!
And stock P70 T-port with 28" Skip working on big Maple (Buddy, Big Larry running it) Poor pics but I wasn't going to THAT side of the tree!!! DANGER DANGER

Duane

I see you have a 7000,.. is that a plus? and how do you like it ? I would like to have 1 larger partner than my 5000 plus. Is it a much more powerfull saw than the 5000?

Someone was asking about a puller for the coarse 500/5000 oiler gear pullers. Hers's one I made, it's made from a 1/2-3/8" NPT adapter and various pieces shown on the 1st photo. The threads on the 1/2" end are 14TPI which loosely matches the oiler gear.

IMG_0482a.jpg

It's in the back on the second photo.

HPIM6472a.jpg

Wow very nice thanks for the photos I will cut and paste to a doc and save for future print out.Why is the threaded part groved at the top end? Thanks again.

7000 p70 etc

I see you have a 7000,.. is that a plus? and how do you like it ? I would like to have 1 larger partner than my 5000 plus. Is it a much more powerfull saw than the 5000?

Well I have at least two of every model 70cc saws, and same for 65cc models. 7000 Plus isn't all that different from other models. only difference is NO T-port cylinder (built in decomp release) stated as being 10% more power than 7000 and P70. (WRONG)

I like the T-port P70s better, ported there SCREAMERS, But that said the OLD small cooling fin bridged 65cc saws (kinda rare) is just as fast. Only plus side is P70/7000 have adjustable oil pumps, the F65 S65 420 421 etc do not. The Semi Pro 65cc saws oil ALOT!!!! flinging it everywhere.

As for liking them? there great ported they all scream, closed port 65cc saws are just as fast as T-port saws (Mostly) Compared to a 5000 the 65/70 Partners are in a different league entirely. Large POWERFUL saws, 20"-28" B/C

I have extra good P/C for 65cc saws that fit on the 55cc cases. All open port though, for swap or ?

Duane

Well I have at least two of every model 70cc saws, and same for 65cc models. 7000 Plus isn't all that different from other models. only difference is NO T-port cylinder (built in decomp release) stated as being 10% more power than 7000 and P70. (WRONG)

I like the T-port P70s better, ported there SCREAMERS, But that said the OLD small cooling fin bridged 65cc saws (kinda rare) is just as fast. Only plus side is P70/7000 have adjustable oil pumps, the F65 S65 420 421 etc do not. The Semi Pro 65cc saws oil ALOT!!!! flinging it everywhere.

As for liking them? there great ported they all scream, closed port 65cc saws are just as fast as T-port saws (Mostly) Compared to a 5000 the 65/70 Partners are in a different league entirely. Large POWERFUL saws, 20"-28" B/C

I have extra good P/C for 65cc saws that fit on the 55cc cases. All open port though, for swap or ?

Duane
So the T-PORT P70 is the faster more powerfull saw? If I was looking for one, am I looking for a P-70? how hard to find are these? I guess I mean are there a lot of them around?

P70

So the T-PORT P70 is the faster more powerfull saw? If I was looking for one, am I looking for a P-70? how hard to find are these? I guess I mean are there a lot of them around?

No the 7000 and 7000+ are supposed to be more powerful. 4.5hp-4.8hp, P70 4.1-4.5hp, ( don't believe it, there more) Ported the T-port is great, even stock is fine. Most of these saws have had parts swapped around now so, never know what your getting. The earlier Partners had better flowing mufflers than the 7000+ so thats what I mean by "Supposed too" the 7000 are real choked down.
ANY 70cc Partner will do, they are out there, theres a couple on eBay, people tend to hold onto them even though they haven't been used in years. Parts are still available new for them (LONG BACKORDER WAIT)
They are pretty powerful saws, run just behind the BIG TWO companies finest. (with a little more low end)

Duane

No the 7000 and 7000+ are supposed to be more powerful. 4.5hp-4.8hp, P70 4.1-4.5hp, ( don't believe it, there more) Ported the T-port is great, even stock is fine. Most of these saws have had parts swapped around now so, never know what your getting. The earlier Partners had better flowing mufflers than the 7000+ so thats what I mean by "Supposed too" the 7000 are real choked down.
ANY 70cc Partner will do, they are out there, theres a couple on eBay, people tend to hold onto them even though they haven't been used in years. Parts are still available new for them (LONG BACKORDER WAIT)
They are pretty powerful saws, run just behind the BIG TWO companies finest. (with a little more low end)

Duane

Ok so the 7000 plus and the 7000 are supposed to be more powerfull but you do not think that is true?Is this what you are saying / I think it is.

Any insight on the Partner 360...first one I've ever seen and picked it up for 50 bones. Very clean saw just missing the sticker on the recoil. Bonus was that he had the receipt of just having the carb cleaned and new fuel line installed.

Ok so the 7000 plus and the 7000 are supposed to be more powerfull but you do not think that is true?Is this what you are saying / I think it is.
I have two each of P70, 7000, 7000+ these are runners, more parts saws. I can't tell theres any more more at all. All the 7000+ I get have a choked down muffler, the P70/7000 mostly have open mufflers without tubes inside. Some 7000 are identical to 7000+ saws nothing different, same cylinders, muffler, carb.
The MOST POWERFUL cylinder is the K650/700 cut off saw closed port cylinder, vastly larger ports, smaller chamber with decomp. (NON CHINESE) 4.8hp+
7000+ have plastic recoil cover others have metal.

Only thing that I have seen that is different is the 7000+ have a smooth radius crank with thinker rod. If I where to do it all over again I would not spend extra for a Plus.

Duane

thanks for the information. If you had a 70 or 7000 could you put the cutoff saw 650 or 700 c/p on one?
Or did you mean 650/700 cut off saw are the same thing just diffrent numbers?

Last edited:
Back