Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are some pics of a project Saw P40 l am working on at the moment. l did clean out the old carbon buildup in the exhaust ports and smoothed out the sharpe corners . This saw had some miles on it.

Attachments

• P40 Pioneer Rest_914.JPG
    P40 Pioneer Rest_914.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 16
  • P40 Pioneer Rest_919.JPG
    P40 Pioneer Rest_919.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 15
  • P40 Pioneer Rest_916.JPG
    P40 Pioneer Rest_916.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 19
this was probably discussed already but paint did you use? I have a 1073 and 1074 I would like to tear down and repaint. the 1074 has the paint just falling off.

Brian

this was probably discussed already but paint did you use? I have a 1073 and 1074 I would like to tear down and repaint. the 1074 has the paint just falling off.

Brian

l get my Paint from a Home Hardware Store here in town, its called Beau-Tone, Dupont is suppose to make it for them, They should be able to scan a sample and get a exact colour match for.
off course you should do the usual prep and clean before top coat and then clear coat. l do not reduce the paint in this very hot weather and spray with hvlp set at about 45psi , that could vary with you depending on different variables.
This set up seems to work good for me. l am not a professional painter and have obtained results from trial & error.

what is the best kind of paint for fuel resistance? epoxy polyester?

Brian

the NU-17 has the standard NFG coil, but I saw that rocketnorton had used a McCulloch coil/armature assembly on his, and as I have one on hand that's what I plan to use as well. It looks quite similar. Any thoughts?

the NU-17 has the standard NFG coil, but I saw that rocketnorton had used a McCulloch coil/armature assembly on his, and as I have one on hand that's what I plan to use as well. It looks quite similar. Any thoughts?

So long as it fits the coil lamination, it'll work. Pioneer used somewhat larger core dimensions than standard Wico coils--can't speak for McCulloch. You may have to splice the lead to the points.

Check into the aftermarket OMC coils. I used one of these on my 1850. Just a little tapping and pushing and a brand OMC coil was installed.

coil%20package_zpsrfwdx0tl.jpg

pioneer_coil2_zps8cjvinzw.jpg

Chris B.

Latest posts

Back