Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hear is a saw I did over for a friend hope you enjoy it

Joe you have done a wonderful job again. Can't wait to pick up the saw. A special thanks to Brian (Beavers ) for turning out a replacement starter knob. That sure makes a special finishing touch on the saw.
I hope to see you this weekend and drop off an old Homelite with a bunch of holes in it for your collection!

Here is a scan of a spike off of my 3270. I know Tim's 3200 didn't have one. Maybe some others would find it useful if wanting to make their own.

I was inspired to fuel it up and get it running again after taking it down off of the shelf. It would benefit from some new seals. A winter project, perhaps. I had forgotten how well they pull. I cleaned out the gullets on the old chipper chain. On an 8-pin, it sails. Made some nice noodles for the bin of fire starter.

Pioneer 3270SC - Noodling (1).JPG

Attachments

• Pioneer - 3270 Spike Scan.pdf
    630.8 KB · Views: 10
Here is a scan of a spike off of my 3270. I know Tim's 3200 didn't have one. Maybe some others would find it useful if wanting to make their own.

I was inspired to fuel it up and get it running again after taking it down off of the shelf. It would benefit from some new seals. A winter project, perhaps. I had forgotten how well they pull. I cleaned out the gullets on the old chipper chain. On an 8-pin, it sails. Made some nice noodles for the bin of fire starter.

View attachment 610743

Thanks Cory. You need to get more bar on that saw.

These are some pics of how l set the Points Ign 30 BTDC , l made a little adapter for the degree wheel.
Degree wheel templates can be downloaded. l stick it on a old CD, one of my leads positive is magnetic end which l attach to terminal post after disconnecting the coil positive and condenser lead.
First l set the Points .

Attachments

• Testing_002.JPG
    Testing_002.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Testing_001.JPG
    Testing_001.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Testing_004.JPG
    Testing_004.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Testing_005.JPG
    Testing_005.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 15
  • Testing_003.JPG
    Testing_003.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 15
These are some pics of how l set the Points Ign 30 BTDC , l made a little adapter for the degree wheel.
Degree wheel templates can be downloaded. l stick it on a old CD, one of my leads positive is magnetic end which l attach to terminal post after disconnecting the coil positive and condenser lead.
First l set the Points .

Beavers,
That is a great tool for anyone working on 2 strokes. For the times I want to check timing without pulling off the head I use a dial indicator and a spark plug adapter made from the correct spark plug . Sometimes the manual will say set at (throwing in a number) .010 BTDC then you dont even need the degree wheel. You can also convert from degrees to .000? but you need to know more engine info and be a NASA trig expert . Which im not! Thanks for sharing.
Tom

IMG_1471.JPG

Back