Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do and I found an old gasket from another saw to try and duplicate one. Thanks for the info Cory.
I'll let you know how it works out. I have it apart for cleaning now.

I will need to find a flywheel nut at some point as it has a hand made one on it now. Not sure if the guys I buy fasteners from carry LH thread nuts.

I'm going to have to cobble up a spark plug cover as well but I'll get it running first. I might ask you for a bunch of pics of the plug cover from your 3270SC so I can duplicate one.

I don't know if you pulled the fuel tank on yours or not but the RH side has a very thin aluminum sheet to close that side of the tank. It looks like they took some effort to get the weight down. It feels pretty light for that vintage.

Do you still need a left hand nut?

Do you still need a left hand nut?

Thanks Heath but I managed to get one at the local fastener place. Last one they had. It runs quite well despite it's rough life. The old man I bought it from purchased it from the city of Mississauga.

One day I'll pick up a decent looking one for the shelf.

Too bad No Where Kansas is so far from Mark Heimann. I heard he knows a bit about MACs

I sure would like a TIG welder to learn on. The flywheels are likely aluminum but I'm not so sure. So many diecast products are magnesium as it diecasts very well.

Rocketnorton would be a good guy to get in touch with regarding TIG stuff.

I would think a special filler rod would be needed as most likely, the parts are some sort of cast, & very brittle.

@dieselfitter @rocketnorton

Thanks Heath but I manged to get one at the local fastener place. Last one they had. It runs quite well despite it's rough life. The old man I bought it from purchased it from the city of Mississauga.

One day I'll pick up a decent looking one for the shelf.

Too bad No Where Kansas is so far from Mark Heimann. I heard he knows a bit about MACs

Where’s He Stay?

Where’s He Stay?

c5a6c4173cf4c2a239fe7d71ea5ef1cc.jpg

I was actually talkin about the weld job on the mag cover over the flywheel . Check out the picture above Tims cover has been repaired .

I did see & realize that. tim had mentioned flywheels. decent job on that cover, btw. lil more fill & some filin, make it next to invisible.

pm 360 handle repair...

IMG_1207.JPG IMG_1210.JPG IMG_1214.JPG

So group .. Whats a original complete Pioneer 600 worth? Found one local . Wants to much.

That's a tough one. it depends on the market in your area. I got my 650 for $30CAD and my 610 for $35USD. Both were in great mechanical shape, but needed serious cleaning. I'd guess $100 is not a bad deal, assuming you really want it and it runs/will fire on prime.

Really nice work Pete

thx tim.

So group .. Whats a original complete Pioneer 600 worth? Found one local . Wants to much.

I wouldnt say Im hooked to bad... Just lookes like a good saw . Guy has other vintage saws too . Wants $175.
TomView attachment 612980

pics of other side? mine has pioneer starter. @ $175. it stays here. Id rather look at it. yes it runs/cuts. one of the best lookin saws ever, imo.

fwiw, I paid $60. nr.

IMG_0194.JPG IMG_0193.JPG

the pioneer starters were weak. many replaced w/fm. as in your pic.

that 600 looks in nice shape.

i'm as cheap as they come, but if it's somethin ya want...

have paid what some would call stupid $$$ on at least one I "had to have".

first saw I ever ran, back when they were new.

poulan 4200 001.JPG

Back