Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Off to have a look at a pioneer RA-45 for sale local here. Complete , non running apparently. Anything to look for ? Are parts available still? Any history on these things? What’s it worth?
Thx gents
Never heard of an RA45 but an RA is a IEL model, forerunner of the Pioneer 600 and no info on a 45.

Yes Walter, it initially starts great. Choke out for a couple pulls and it’ll pop, choke off, fire next pull. Then dies. Then I need to start the choke process over again. 3-4 pulls and it’s going again.
Have you tried running it with the choke on, and if so does the same thing happen?

Picture work? I’d like a big P series saw one day. But don’t come across them around here
Yes your pict worked, you just managed to get it posted while I was typing up my reply to the 45 designation. That RA is just not a saw most would want as a wood cutting saws these days, heavy, no AV and slow they are more of a work of art and a collectors piece now.

Yes your pict worked, you just managed to get it posted while I was typing up my reply to the 45 designation. That RA is just not a saw most would want as a wood cutting saws these days, heavy, no AV and slow they are more of a work of art and a collectors piece now.
And that’s all it would be. Be great if it fired and take it up and play with it occasionally. Guys asking 150$ tho.

There is a lot of big P series saws in BC, especially on or near the coast. I have picked up several from the Frazier river valley area between Hope and Vancouver.
I live in the Okanagan (southern central BC). But drive to Vancouver everyday for work, picked up a few smaller ones on my route lately.

And that’s all it would be. Be great if it fired and take it up and play with it occasionally. Guys asking 150$ tho.
That`s about double what I would pay for one but then again I am spoiled when it comes to getting them for free up to paying $50. for the nicest one I now have.

Back