Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pioneer 620 supers have a coppery colored top cover like the one on the NOS saw below.

IMG_1904.jpg

This is a restored 620 super

IMG_1774.jpg

IMG_1912.jpg

If the cover is this color its from a 650.
Pioneerguy600

Pioneer 620 supers have a coppery colored top cover like the one on the NOS saw below.

IMG_1904.jpg

This is a restored 620 super

IMG_1774.jpg

IMG_1912.jpg

If the cover is this color its from a 650.
Pioneerguy600

That's the top that I was thinking about when I asked the question!

Someone must have swapped the tops on this saw. The tag says S620 so I will have to see if I have a spare top. If not I will have to do a bit of horse-trading for one. :D

Thanks

:cheers:

This one i picked up a couple weeks ago.
Pioneer P61 100cc's but it was run on
straight gas. Needed a new P+C and Thanks
to Propliner who supplied me with all the parts
including gaskets this thing is up and running.
Finished it this morning and cut up a few cookies.

Lee

P61NewPiston001.jpg

P61NewPiston002.jpg

P61NewPiston003.jpg

First IEL!

Hi Fellas
Well I took a little detour from my regular P Series Pioneers and bought this old relic.It is an IEL AB.It is missing some parts and the engine is seized.I am going to try and get it running.If you have seen Jerry's model of the same saw that's what it's supposed to look like .So here's a few pictures,and if any of you have some parts for this old machine I may be interested.
Thanks
Lawrence
IELPics005.jpg

IELPics001.jpg

IELPics003.jpg

IELPics006.jpg

IELPics008.jpg

IELPics010.jpg

Last edited:
Iel ab

Brendon,it's manufacture dates are 1948 to 1950 according to Mike Acres site.I have a lead on another one that has 90psi compression but the seller is waiting to hear back from a couple potential buyers that were ahead of me.I got this one for $50.00 maybe paid a little to much for it.
Lawrence

Last edited:
Hi Jerry
I only wish!
Lawrence

I know it would be quite hard for you to find all the NOS parts that I used in rebuilding my old AB but yours would clean up with a lot of elbow grease, then apply primer and paint. No one else will know but you what you used for parts.
I think these old saws look great just cleaned up and painted.
Pioneerguy600

Progress

Hi guys, here's an update on my P41 restoration. I sprayed the black pieces this morning with the same type of paint. It's called Peterbilt Satin Black and so far it looks good. I'll post the tag later for those who are interested.

I assembled the crankcase and attached the oil pump, flywheel, clutch, piston, rings and cylinder. I had a new crank to go in it but the original was in such good shape that I used it instead and just changed the main bearings. I'll save the new crank for another project. You'll notice the crankcase gasket needs trimmed flush... I'm trying to figure out how to do that without touching the paint.

The decals are being made for it now and I'll post pics again when it is all complete.

P1010323.jpg

P1010322.jpg

P1010324.jpg

It's a slow process but it sure is rewarding.
Brendon.

Hi guys, here's an update on my P41 restoration. I sprayed the black pieces this morning with the same type of paint. It's called Peterbilt Satin Black and so far it looks good. I'll post the tag later for those who are interested.

I assembled the crankcase and attached the oil pump, flywheel, clutch, piston, rings and cylinder. I had a new crank to go in it but the original was in such good shape that I used it instead and just changed the main bearings. I'll save the new crank for another project. You'll notice the crankcase gasket needs trimmed flush... I'm trying to figure out how to do that without touching the paint.

The decals are being made for it now and I'll post pics again when it is all complete.

P1010323.jpg

P1010322.jpg

P1010324.jpg

It's a slow process but it sure is rewarding.
Brendon.

They sure are purty when they have been properly dissembled, cleaned and painted piece by piece. People nearly faint when I tell them it can take 50-55 hours to do one properly.
Pioneerguy600

Beautiful saw

I agree with Roy. No one at the factory was building a saw to keep for (probably) the rest of his/her life! And I doubt anybody was taking photos to show their friends... :D Brendon, that's some great work. I hope to see the finished saw soon. I will have to ask you about getting the decals made if I get around to restoring my P40. Might take a look at my Farmsaw too. I should post some pics of my P28. It's in good shape and in the original Pioneer case! Green plastic with an unbroken leather handle. Has anybody seen one like it?

It didn't look that good when it left the factory. Good job, keep the pictures coming.[/QUOTE}]

Back