• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Poulan 380 Super - Running - Needs Repair

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dougand3

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
pp380 a.jpg
pp380 b.jpg pp380 c.jpg pp380 d.jpg pp380 e.jpg pp380 f.jpg pp380 g.jpg pp380 h.jpg pp380 i.jpg

Bought off CL as non runner. Cleaned carb and got it running. Piston and ring are rough - will need new. I bought new piston and ring but vendor later wrote back we don't have this kit. I can get it to run but has fast, erratic idle. Intake boot had a hole in it where someone pinched it with the carb mount bolt. I installed new intake boot - still erratic idle. I have new crank seals but havn't installed. Jug may need some professional transfer removal but doesn't seem too bad to me. Clutch rim sprocket has some wear - you may want to replace. Muffler might have been 2 halves from different models? I cut a slot in the front. New fuel line and filter. New impulse line. PHO. $75 + shipping from 35757. Paypal preferred.

I have the 20" bar - 3/8" .050 70 DL 530044687 and Oregon 72 Full Chisel chain (has 25 on cutter) for $25 extra if you want it.

Above piston/ring pics are condition when I got it.

Here it is after I cleaned piston/ring and got it running.

pp380 l.jpg

Back