Promotional Items

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stltreedr

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
We've been asked to sponsor an event, and wanted to give away some promotional Items. My question is, what was the coolest/best thing you ever gave away, or got, with a company logo on it? Something that you kept for a long time or that others asked, "where'd you get that?" The last thing I want to do is spend a bunch of money on items that will be thrown away.

We've been asked to sponsor an event, and wanted to give away some promotional Items. My question is, what was the coolest/best thing you ever gave away, or got, with a company logo on it? Something that you kept for a long time or that others asked, "where'd you get that?" The last thing I want to do is spend a bunch of money on items that will be thrown away.

Really depends on how many you foresee giving away.

Mini mag-lights are pretty cool and our guys use them.

Mini leatherman tools (or similar) get used.

Knives tend to get used.

Beer huggies, or coozy as we call them. Inexpensive and every time some one takes a drink of there favorite beverage, bam, your names right in there face.

Whatever you do, get something that is quality. It might cost 2x as much, but will probably be used 10x as long. For example, the pocket knife or flashlight are both good ideas, but if it is junk, it will be thrown away. If it is nice, people will hang on to it.

*I have seen mini screwdriver sets too that are pretty neat...I keep one in the kitchen "junk drawer".

*The last thing I need is another pen...but if it is a good quality pen, I'd keep it and throw out 2 or 3 of the junky pens I have to make room for it.

*A good quality carabiner is nice to hold multiple sets of keys, and if you climb it represents what you do as well. Again, I have thrown away plenty of junky promotional biners.

*Water bottles are pretty reasonable priced and stand a good chance of being used.

*Re-usable shopping bags...some people use them, others don't. the nice thing about that is everybody else in the grocery store parking lot sees that too.

*Golf balls?

Of course, that "some people use them" comment could be applied to anything. I have never used a can coozy...but I don't think that is a bad idea because I see plenty of other people using them. Once more: If I did keep them when they are handed out, I see that some are nice than others, and I'd keep those and trash the others.

That's too broad of a question... depends on the event, the type of people attending, how many and your budget.

Water bottles, beer coolers, pens etc... are all just junk in my opinion. They all get ditched fast. I see a lot of people hang on to keyring bottle openers if they're nice quality. They're not so expensive for good ones either. Depends on the market though, I wouldn't be giving them away to housewives for example. Flashlights and knives are pretty cool, but only if they're quality. Not the generic junk made in china mini swiss army knock off. But then those things aren't really representing your business in any way either.

If it's an event for climbers/tree companies then something they can use. A scrench, or a chainsaw multi tool would be high on the list, and not super expensive. Something to go in the truck, like those note holder things I see from time to time that stick on your dash. A small piece of climbing gear (carabiner) or if you've got some money to spend on bling then maybe a custom keyring tool, like a bar groove cleaner, or a tuning screwdriver, or similar.

If it's for customers, then something they will use is good. I send out calendars each year and get quite a bit of work from it. Could be a planting guide, or a tree/weed identification guide. People love stuff like that. I've given out printed flyers that had descriptions and images of the 5 most common invasive weed trees in my area and got plenty of work from that. Another thing I give away to customers who use me is weed killer. I put it in a spray bottle, and print a sticker with my company name and details, and 'super weed killer' on the bottle. Cost me about $1.50. People always ask whats in it, and I tell them it's my special made weed killer, not available anywhere else. They get a kick out of it. It's just generic glyphosate.

Shaun

These are some cool ideas. I've thought of the obvious ones, and agree that I would rather buy high quality and spend 2x as much. I really like the idea of a planting/pruning/weed guide for this particular audience. Shaun, did you produce this yourself, or buy and have your logo printed on them?

Back