Raffle thread for IchWarriors cousin

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaseyForrest

I am NOT a tree freak.
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
OK, this is to get all the information up in the first post.

We are having a raffle for IchWarriorMkII's cousin.

Here is what has happened to him....

1. When your wood cutting partner leaves to go race his dirt bike, and leaves the communal wood trailer still loaded. Even though he fully well understands the wood dries better unloaded, he left it all in the trailer.

2. When your wood cutting partner piles his aforementioned dirt bike into a steaming wreck, and has two broken ankles.

So now I have to unload his trailer, fill it again (Or his goofy arse will freeze to death this winter) and still manage to get me a load of wood off the mountain before the snow flies. I won't mention the fact he put off gathering wood in the summer because.... you guessed it he was racing.

I don't mean to sound too bitter, but I want to slap him in the head sometimes... seems like he gets his priorities a little backwards at times. I'll get him squared away with what wood I can... He's my cousin so I can get some family help on this one.

Thanks for the support and the link...

That should be way helpful, Ill get him sent to that as soon as he is home.

Looks like his leg will get to stay put... and here I was ready to ask if a square chisel or semi chisel would be best...

His ankle bones will be fused together, making one leg shorter than the other... Even though he will keep both feet there still is a large amount of trauma to recover from, let alone financial woes.

He enjoyed splitting wood by hand... as did I. I will not enjoy splitting his wood and mine by hand... time to fix the log splitter...

Uh, yea... an update.

My cousin, Todd was able to keep both his legs, scheduled for an 8 hour surgery on Tuesday. His wife headed home this Thursday evening to get their only child (Her only child, his step child) to see Todd for the weekend. At 5pm she was involved in a car accident with a logging truck, and was fatally wounded in the wreck.

She had swerved to avoid a minivan carrying two adults and two children (My aunt and her daughter, and her two children) when she impacted the canyon wall and spun into the oncoming traffic. The logging truck, following the minivan hit the van on the passenger side and drove the vehicle into the guardrail. She was pronounced dead on the scene.

As fate would have it, not only did she avoid an accident with family members, the wreck postponed a meeting between more family members, an ex husband and current husband of my other cousin, whom where next door neighbors to Todd and his wife. They were in the area to drop off a kid from the previous marriage. The current husband was forced to ID Todd's wife's body...

Afterwards, the local news paper just so happened to interviews my cousin's ex husband who was supposed to pick up his son. The only people who weren't family members or former members of my family and involved in this accident where the Log Truck driver, the State Trooper, and the Coroner on the scene.

I am drinking a few beers, just got done stacking a load of firewood for Todd, swept his chimney, and assisted the women of the family clean up Todd's house. Its tough times, not only with a death in the family, but her spouse is in the hospital barely able to move around. Her family resides in Washington, and is many hours from making to our small town.

He is my best friend, my favorite cousin, great coworker and a wonderful neighbor (just across the fields). Hug your wife and children tonight... pray that no one should go through this.

So here are the details....

We are selling raffle tickets for $10 each. Accepting donations via PayPal at [email protected] or send me a PM for my address if you want to send a money order or paper check. I will open a savings account at my credit union to deposit them into.

If you send money via PayPal, please be so kind as to cover the PayPal fee of 2.9% + $.30.

Right now we have 5 prizes and they will be raffled off in order of their donation.

1) Dolmar 5100S with modded muffler with IIRC only 10 tanks run through it. Offered by ScooterBum.

2) 1 gallon bag of Elk jerky. Offered by jjett84724.

3) A Stihl 041FB with a new P&C that needs a little carb work. Offered by Haywire Haywood.

4) The book Coke Goes to War. Offered by Woodbooga.

5) Scrench holder for the handle of your saw. Offered by IchWarriorMkII.

6) 031av electronic that is partially disassembled. New nova module to get spark, got it running, then found out it had crank seal/bearing problem. Its all there, in very good condition. Offered by parrisw.

The drawing will take place November 29th. I will video the drawing and put it up on Youtube or Photbucket so everyone can watch it.

If you need to get ahold of me, please send me an email at [email protected]. I dont want my PM box to fill up as Im trying to keep all the PM requests for my address.

Last edited:
We are up to $900.

SO far there are about 10 folks sending checks. Ill be out of town from the 5th till the 11th. Ill have computer access but wont be able to update check totals untill I get back.

I've got a 031av electronic that is partially disassembled, I put in a new nova module to get spark, got it running, then found out it had crank seal/bearing problem. Its all there, in very good condition. I just have way too many projects to get done, and this is at the bottom of the barrel for me. So let me know if you would like it for the raffle. I'll ship it to the winner.

I've got a 031av electronic that is partially disassembled, I put in a new nova module to get spark, got it running, then found out it had crank seal/bearing problem. Its all there, in very good condition. I just have way too many projects to get done, and this is at the bottom of the barrel for me. So let me know if you would like it for the raffle. I'll ship it to the winner.

Ill certainly add it to the list. Thanks!.

Geez, this one is real scary. Kind of like lightning hitting twice.

I'm in for a donation only, cause I certainly don't need any more saws. (The elk jerky doesn't sound too bad though)

OK folks. Just got in from MD. Kids are clean and eating their snacks. Got a chance to open up the checks that came while I was gone....

So far we have a total of $1587!!

Lets keep'em coming.

You guys/gals rock. Im proud to be a part of the community that is made up of the members here.

bumping this thread up the list for others to see.

me too, to keep it closer to the top of the thread list.

Thanks Casey on 2 counts. Firstly, for spearheading this effort. It sounds like a lot of work and I, for one, appreciate your time and talent. Second, thanks for the updates on the totals as more $$$ comes in. I've done quite a lot of charity fundraising work and donors like being kept abreast of how a campaign is progressing.

I would like to donate a brand new unopened STIHL book.
The history of Peter Stihl. It is going to be a collectors item as they were not sold publicly.
Some of you may remember that Tom AKA Thall had a thread up telling this story and it was a hit.
I will also include free shipping to the winner.

The history of Peter Stihl. It is going to be a collectors item as they were not sold publicly.
Some of you may remember that Tom AKA Thall had a thread up telling this story and it was a hit.

Awesome contribution. If a few things go my way to free up some $$ I might buy a few extra tix.

I'll have to rep you for that. You do like rep...right?

Updated prize list...

1) Dolmar 5100S with modded muffler with IIRC only 10 tanks run through it. Offered by ScooterBum.

2) 1 gallon bag of Elk jerky. Offered by jjett84724.

3) A Stihl 041FB with a new P&C that needs a little carb work. Offered by Haywire Haywood.

4) The book Coke Goes to War. Offered by Woodbooga.

5) Scrench holder for the handle of your saw. Offered by IchWarriorMkII.

6) 031av electronic that is partially disassembled. New nova module to get spark, got it running, then found out it had crank seal/bearing problem. Its all there, in very good condition. Offered by parrisw.

7) The history of Peter Stihl. Offered by Just Mow.

Thanks Mow!!!

Back