Roller Nose Bars!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis Cahoon

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
OK.......I'm gonna post some roller nose bars for a little discussion.

004-3.jpg

Left to right....."new" Mac 10-10 36" rollernose bar with decals......"new" 30" General roller nose bar.....like new 42" roller nose bar "made in Canada" assuming made by Cannon.

Last edited:
The 30" General has like a brown colored bluing on it. Sweet bar!......but one day, I needed a bar to stone a race chain on. I stupidly grabbed this brand new bar out of the cardboard and stoned the chain. It now has some slight scratches on both sides!......Oh well, it's still a nice looking bar.

Here's the 42" and a longer Carlton hard nose large stihl mount Tsumura bar

008-2.jpg

007-3.jpg

Last edited:
Nice bar's Dennis. I use'd to have a 36in roller nose, on a 2100 homelite. I can't remeber the bar brand though.

Thanks!.....Back in 1992 I called Ray Carlton and talked him into putting me on the Carlton Race Team with Rolin Eslinger and Melvin Lentz. He cut off all the matching prize money and promised us only product. Was great for me, I was still cutting logs and got tons of Carlton chain and bars. The bars were total junk, made by GB back then. I kept complaining and finally talked them into looking for a better product. They soon had Tsurmura making there bars and were much better quality. Funny, at the time I wanted a 42" and all they had was hard nose, which I did want. They wanted to give me dozens of those long hard nose, Finally, I got one and was gonna put on 3 rivet tip, but never did. Wish I would've got more now, they're very nice bars.

Dumb question here! But had to ask! :msp_tongue:

What would happen if you were to bore cut with a roller? :msp_mellow:
And can you bury the tip of the roller into wood?

Dumb question here! But had to ask! :msp_tongue:

What would happen if you were to bore cut with a roller? :msp_mellow:
And can you bury the tip of the roller into wood?

Not dumb.
They will work loose and fall apart if you plunge cut too much. I had a dozen or so replaced on bucking saws.

Here's a couple of my favorite roller tip bars. Marky Mark gave me the smaller one and I don't know who made it and haven't ever seen another one. Does anyone know who made that bar and tip? The other is the famous 3 1/2" Mall/Remington roller tip. The tip slides into the slotted bar and isn't riveted to the bar itself. I personally use these on my big bellyed hotsaw bars, run on my cr 500 hotsaw.

009-1.jpg

Nice bars, I love the look of the roller nose bars. All I have at the moment is a 28" and 50ish", need to get a couple more to fit in between those two. That fat bellied bar is custom made right? Looks kind of like a harvester bar.

Back