• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Shipping cost average

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jr27236

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
So I want to sell tw9 of my saws
1 husky 455 rancher low use
1 Echo cs-590 literally cut a small tree
So Im not trolling for prices but is it worth posting them here for fellow AS members. But I think shipping a saw will not make it worth it to you guys, where i dont have to lose my shirt and sell them at a decent price which benefits both partys. How much on average does it cost to ship a saw of that weight and size, from those of you with experience in this.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Including a bar and chain, typically $15-25. Shipping from Pittsburgh, it's noticeably more expensive to send anything west of the Rockies.

You can figure your shipping on USPS by the size of the box and weight. Otherwise what I do is just charge actual shipping. I send the buyer a copy of the receipt. That way they get the tracking number and the actual shipping cost.

For me, it's usually between $25 and $40. USPS. Bigger/heavier boxes might be even more. At one point, I agreed on a deal to buy a saw from a member on the east coast, and pay for actual shipping... and I was shocked to find out that the cost was $74. I'm still not sure why it cost so much, or why the 'freight train' of a saw didn't run when it showed up, but I held up my end of the deal, and paid the money.

Usually runs around $50 USPS Parcel Post from here to the L48. No idea on Fed Ex, probably closer to $100. I know I had a ~12lb package from from Iowa, 2nd day air, and it cost me almost $80 in shipping.

Shipping cost varies quite a bit. Ohio to Texas or Florida is cheaper than ohio to new jersey or Massachusetts. California is just insane but Arizona or Washington is reasonable. FedEx is cheaper for 75% off my saw shipping duties but when usps is cheaper....It's way cheaper. $20-30 will cover most saws to most locations.

For me, it's usually between $25 and $40. USPS. Bigger/heavier boxes might be even more. At one point, I agreed on a deal to buy a saw from a member on the east coast, and pay for actual shipping... and I was shocked to find out that the cost was $74. I'm still not sure why it cost so much, or why the 'freight train' of a saw didn't run when it showed up, but I held up my end of the deal, and paid the money.

Clint, I just recently heard this story, sorry man.:(

I sent a saw Usps this week to Alaska, 54$, I can ship a 346xp to the Midwest for 13-14$ insured, the same 346xp 20-22$ to florida insured, commercial UPS.

I think some of the difference in these estimates is weather or not insurance is included.
How much does one hundred dollars worth of insurance add?

I think some of the difference in these estimates is weather or not insurance is included.
How much does one hundred dollars worth of insurance add?

I'm too lazy to look up the rates cgarges, but it's not much, just a few bucks.

How much for the echo 590
I put it on cl here for $325. Which i thought would be a good deal? But if i sold it here for that much and a buyer had to pay actual shipping then?

I got burned once for shipping. The shipping cost more then the actual cost of the parts sold. I was lucky enough that the buyer split the shipping with me. This is the reason I do actual shipping now. I still can give a quote but I can't just gi e things away all the time.

Now if we are doing trades like I live to do. I take care of what I'm shipping and the other takes care of there's!

So I want to sell tw9 of my saws
1 husky 455 rancher low use
1 Echo cs-590 literally cut a small tree
So Im not trolling for prices but is it worth posting them here for fellow AS members. But I think shipping a saw will not make it worth it to you guys, where i dont have to lose my shirt and sell them at a decent price which benefits both partys. How much on average does it cost to ship a saw of that weight and size, from those of you with experience in this.

Earlier this year, it cost me about $46 to ship a Stihl 029 and a 20" bar/chain via the USPS from MD to CO. The bar was placed in the box at a 45 degree angle across the top of the saw to keep the box size down and me packing everything to the moon probably added some extra weight too. I always insure everything for its full replacement value and insurance over $200 costs a bit more too. If you, your employer or someone you know has a buisiness and a corperate account with FedEx (or even UPS), then that is the way to go and usually about 1/3 to 1/2 of normal residential customer costs (if you ship business addy to business addy that is).

Latest posts

Back