Show Us Your Brag Load

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sappi said I didn't have enough wood to get a contract when I talked to Pat last summer. How's Savanna to deal with on smaller loads, or don't you know?

I'm on a 7T axle road, so I can't do a semi full if I wanted to. I'm hoping to haul about 5 cord a load when I get my medium duty truck going.

WHO ? ME??, naaaaaaa sometimes I let the ole' lady do it...
orig.gif

That is, except that big ash on top that's in the third pict above, (here it is getting loaded)

standard.jpg

THAT one, i turned into this!

standard.jpg

SR
orig.gif

Love that table and EVERYTHING ON IT.

Those boys have my respect!

AMEN!, bro ~ mine, too!!! {tips hat and seen smiling...] :)

I have run in 18-wheelers up on the dirt logging roads, high in the Pacific NW's High Cascades... 'bringing out the timber!' cutting same... in earlier days (daze), still such a sight is impressive. that 9,000 # stump of a chunk... WOW! definitely a job for some Pro's...

Your trailer is in much better shape than mine!
My Father-in-law bought it about 30 yrs. ago, it sat in the yard unused for probably 20 yrs. until I asked my MIL for it. I believe it's seen more use in the last 2 years than in all the time my FIL used it. It still has the original (dry-rotted) tires on it, it's amazing what a little tire sealer will do.

IMG_0836.JPG IMG_0837.JPG IMG_0839.JPG IMG_0841.JPG IMG_0842.JPG

Just started working on this yesterday. Took me 2 days to get it all back to the shop. 14 loads with our 8x14 deckover dump trailer. 100% oak with a couple of walnut logs in there was well. Figure it is going to be around 12-14 cords when we are all done. There is a couple of monster burr oak logs in the back that are about 36" across.

Show Us Your Brag Load

I cut and skidded out some firewood logs the other day,

standard.jpg

then lifting them over my wagon and sawing out my "latest" bragging load, (EVERYONE LOVES my new 2260!!)

standard.jpg

With that done, I pulled the load home,

standard.jpg

It was REALLY nice working out those days and it's a nice load of splits too!

standard.jpg

Once home, the load sat a few days as the weather got colder and colder, and then it snowed... SO, yesterday I decided to split it, but of course, I barely got started and I got cold and wussed out, so I lowered the splitter, quit and came in and sat next to the wood stove!

standard.jpg

It sucks to get 0ld!! lol

SR

View attachment 478962 View attachment 478963 View attachment 478965 View attachment 478967 View attachment 478968

Just started working on this yesterday. Took me 2 days to get it all back to the shop. 14 loads with our 8x14 deckover dump trailer. 100% oak with a couple of walnut logs in there was well. Figure it is going to be around 12-14 cords when we are all done. There is a couple of monster burr oak logs in the back that are about 36" across.

no two ways about it!... that is definitely an impressive operation. awesome! like the wintery setting!! :yes: enjoyed seeing it, thanks for posting. when I am splitting oak firewood I like to have a small fire going, too. especially on a cold day. just seems to 'tune' the scene a bit! adds a bit of that Pacific NW flair I feel so connected to. :heart: the other day I noticed some sawing sounds... later saw this pile of what appeared to be oak twigs out in front of my neighbors house, just couple addresses down from me. hmm :cool: while walking my dog I see they had an oak trunk split in two and the winds had brot upper tree to its final efforts to 'remain aloft!'... and heavy tree pick up was a full month away. :cool: all i could see was lots of oak firewood stix needing to be made. :rolleyes: so hauled it on down to my place for some soon-to-be splitting firewood fun. by the big pine trunk, pix is day before what I dragged in... nice free oak wood for the taking. very conveniently located. i see this stuff on regular basis. yesterday got the bigger stuff. bit bigger than I could handle alone so fired up my 026 and whittled it down to a mere "ummph! uhh-h... grunt" mode. lol... trimmed off the limb crotches, decided to make chunks... rolled to road, the smaller stuff hauled in on yard kart with my 'prime mover' tractor... and the heavier stuff, these chunks are real heavy! believe it or not... as fresh, green wood. ie, bit wet! dragged them on in... down 'loggers row'...then once I got all the chunks 'on property'... went back and culled the pile for the small stuff, nice firewood, but not needing to be split. plenty of it in there, too... well, enuff for my needs, all things considered... :) hope some of you enjoy my firewood photo essay... A Fall Season Firewood Gathering.

BYL1.png BYL3.png BYL9.png BYL5.png BYL13.png BYL2.png BYL14.png

Back