Show Us Your Brag Load

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reminds me of this one:

Any idea what his thing weighed?
Enough to put his hat in his shoes:eek:.
Done a lot of work around overhead cranes and there are so many other odd things that could happen the obvious ones should be avoided.
I have made many mistakes from the operators side and I would not put someone in that situation crazy all the things that could go wrong:crazy2:.
All this is coming from a guy who has run much equipment, is not afraid to take calculated risks, and is quite the adrenaline junky.
even the fact that the wires are not shielded, looks close to me.

Reminds me of this one:

Any idea what his thing weighed?
Well, I said 4,500 lb and no one here disagreed. This enormous ash log was next cut into smaller pieces that could then be split and processed into firewood. We used a Stihl MS660 with a 36" bar. Several rounds needed to be noodle cut into six blocks before the splitter and two men wrestled with them. Four pickup truckloads of blocks were then hauled to a 22-ton hydraulic splitter for final processing and eventual stacking and drying.

A good-sized building was heated for almost an entire winter with this biomass using a wood stove that waited over six months to burn the splits. Almost nothing was wasted. All of it eventually became heat.

The crane guy said this trunk of maple was 9000 lbs. Filled back of dump trailer. Had more wood in front of dump trailer to keep nose down

bae66104271f99bb83a6db49a8caa895.jpg

Used a 72 inch bar on a 3120 to cut the trunk once I got it home. Also have a video of the lifting and cutting.

67f74244cb99c30aff87ee72ebdc7ad8.jpg

The crane guy said this trunk of maple was 9000 lbs. Filled back of dump trailer. Had more wood in front of dump trailer to keep nose down

bae66104271f99bb83a6db49a8caa895.jpg

Used a 72 inch bar on a 3120 to cut the trunk once I got it home. Also have a video of the lifting and cutting.

67f74244cb99c30aff87ee72ebdc7ad8.jpg

Man, I love those whoppers! To look at anyway.

Had to figure how to copy link while on my phone. Easy on computer.
Oh the chain is 196 dl full comp 404 square grind
Half the time when I load a video from my phone I have to fix it when I get home.
How many times did you sharpen the chain to cut that up.
Nice job on that one by the way, and thanks for sharing:).

Half the time when I load a video from my phone I have to fix it when I get home.
How many times did you sharpen the chain to cut that up.
Nice job on that one by the way, and thanks for sharing:).

Sharpened the chain three times before I got it cut up. First time it took 45 min. Next two times it took 30 min each. This was on the Prosharp. Not by hand. Tried making new chain for it but when dealing with a very long bar you need to add links at first then subtract links as the total chain stretches.

Sharpened the chain three times before I got it cut up. First time it took 45 min. Next two times it took 30 min each. This was on the Prosharp. Not by hand. Tried making new chain for it but when dealing with a very long bar you need to add links at first then subtract links as the total chain stretches.
I figured, it's not fun sharpening a long chain. The longest one I've dealt with was a 32".
I had 2 skip chains and one reg stihl chain. Lot's of fun to sharpen:).

Back