so how do you get saw chips out of socks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm hardly the fashion setter, and those are certainly a good deal. The thing is, to me there are no work jeans and nice jeans, there's only jeans. Spousal unit does not understand this bizarre concept and thusly gets disappointed when I get motor oil, or grease on jeans, or wear holes in them.

Enter the Tin Pants, they are extremely durable, waterproof, highly abrasion resistant, and best of all - you don't wash them! They're not cheap either, but I've been eyeing up a pair for a while now...

https://www.filson.com/oil-finish-single-tin-pants.html#sku=11014005-fco-000002060

I tried tin cloth several decades ago. Stuff, at least in my environment, had a tendency to grow multi-color mold. Made for a great conversation piece with the tree huggers but for functional clothing, stick with something you can launder.

I tried tin cloth several decades ago. Stuff, at least in my environment, had a tendency to grow multi-color mold. Made for a great conversation piece with the tree huggers but for functional clothing, stick with something you can launder.

That's gross, thanks for the heads up. I'm having second thoughts now, as I tend to sweat profusely...

Just alway wear dungarees over my protective rubber boots. It helps that I don't really sweat below my shoulders.
I prefer looking like a maniak with nothing else on over a mixture of chips and ticks in my pants (and socks).

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk

Any kind of rubber or water proof boots will not work here. For some who care it gets warm here. A very fast way to get fungus and mold is to wear some thing water resistant. If it don't breathe throw it away. For those who want the chips out of their socks just throw them away and put on new. Has any body ever considered hooking up to the internet with a computer and going to Amazon where there are a lot of bargains. Socks are dirt cheap so why not buy a few dozen. Or maybe wait until you have a load and wash the heck out of them. Thanks

I wont wear rubber boots, period. Everytime I do My feet burn up and skin starts peeling. I have a few extra pairs of boots, if they get wet or muddy, I simply change shoes. If its raining, and my feet get wet, I just live with wet feet. If its wet and cold, it helps to have a extra pair of socks in the truck.

Back