Sold the ms250 and rebuilt the 346xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spoons

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey All,

Well last month i posted that i bought a good strong ms250 and a 346xp with a bad p&c. I got both saws for a lil less than $200. After you all said the 346xp will run circles around the ms250, i posted and sold the ms250 locally.

Meanwhile i purchased an oem Mahle piston n cylinder just after Christmas. I just got done pulling the old unit and replaced it. Put it back together and after priming the system it fired on the second pull!

This thing revs something nice! I’m not sure how to tell if the muffler was modded or gutted but it idles like a modded up dirt bike or jet ski. Gave it a few blips of wfo throttle after it warmed up and man it just jumps up there in rpm! I can clearly hear the difference between the ms250 and this 346xp. The 250 cut like butter but i haven’t yet put the 346 to any wood.

Is there a proper break in procedure for new rebuilds? I didn’t rebuild the carb and i want to make sure it’s 4 stroking good at wfo before i do. Once the carb is set what kind of cutting procedure should i follow for good break in?

you will love the 346xp last one I had put a new oem top end on $100 from @fordf150 start let it warm up to operating temperature then cool down next get it in wood and tune a little fat (rich) run a 1/2 tank and after that lean out a bit run it like you stole it.... few saws put a smile on my face like a 346 enjoy ...........

Back