Sprocket suggestions for McCulloch pm 610

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do you think the saw with a 20 in bar with a 8 pin would run. Since you run a 28 in bar on a 7 pin.

How do you think the saw with a 20 in bar with a 8 pin would run. Since you run a 28 in bar on a 7 pin.
Not as strong as posted above by another member. The 28" is the biggest bar I would ever recommend for a 610 and if you take away any torque, you will likely be disappointed. BTW, my 5700 will also pull that 28" bar:
BigElm2.JPG

I tested the acres internet and the saw they showed differed and they listed as magnesium and plastic but the box part around the carb failed an easy test for magnesium. I placed vinegar on it and it did not bubble. Could it be aluminum

I will get the part Friday and see what a difference it makes. I am hoping to have it painted before then though.

What kind of chain do you run with that bar
The chain I use is Oregon 3/8" pitch, 050 gauge, full chisel. I imagine semi-chisel might work as well if not better. This saw complains very little unless the chain is dull. Then it screams bloody murder. Here's an owners manual for you:

Attachments

• McCulloch PM 605 610 Owners Manual.pdf
    7.6 MB · Views: 2
Back