STIHL CHAINSAW EXPERT NEEDED

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
did you not read the thread title, the op was looking for a saw expert which don't apply to you. Go solicit for hotsaws somewhere else
Really ? I DID read the title sir ... that’s WHY I responded ... to the OP - sorry for the sidetrack of your thread - if I can be of any assistance to your endeavors feel free to shoot me a pm !

Op, threads get derailed here a lot too

Stihl 025 for sale
Stihl 250 for sale
Personal Saws
Stihl 201t
Stihl 260 pro
Stihl 460
Yah , mostly because others feel the “need” to try and discredit the other guy - well versed in “forum-speak” and definitely “key-board” warriors ! I personally woodnt put to much stock in people that need to try and bring others down to make themselves look better ... speaks volumes to their character ! Now if you’ll excuse me I have some wood to cut lol !!

Whoa Whoa Whoa, easy now, guys. Can't we all just get along? ;) I don't care if you own a repair business or if you rebuild it out in the woods on your tailgate. if you know what you are doing and you can help; I'm all ears.

Moving on...
ok, piston and cylinder install without pressure and vacuum test is not wise. I get that. Sounds like I need to do compression testing on a few of these. So how do I go about getting the correct tools to check for this? (cheapest efficient way)

Asked for experts and got a bunch of saw hoarders, lol.

Saws of this quality usually don't seize up unless they've been straight gassed or have developed an air leak which is generally caused by the crack seals going bad.
I could see the problem being oil ratio to rich if the wrong oil was used.

ok I assume you are referring to "crankshaft seals" and not "crack seals" :rare2: can I visually inspect these? If not, how can I check them?

Pull the muff on the 046 to see what the piston and rings are like + sorry to the op for the previous derail

ok I gotcha. So the pressure test isn't necessarily to just check for the compression pressure; its to check for pressure in the crank case too?
The seals MUST hold pressure AND vacuum ...

Latest posts

Back