Stihl Government or Non-Profit Pricing Policies?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveSr

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hello,

I have recently heard through the wind (ex-dealer employee) that Stihl has special contract volume pricing for things like state governments and possibly large corporations. I have also heard that there might be special pricing / grants / or sponsorships for non-profit organizations.

The reason that I am asking is that I do volunteer work for a state wide trail organization. We are grant funded for tools and trying to get the most for our hard won grant monies. Therefore we would like to take advantage of any of these programs if possible. One of my rationalizations is that if we get state government grants then we should also be getting state government pricing.

Unfortunately, the local dealers either don't know about these policies or don't want their customers to know about them. So I am asking if any of the dealers on AS could give me some more insight to Stihl pricing and/or a contact with Stihl corporate so that I could get more information on these policies or programs.

Please feel free to PM me if the information is not suitable for public consumption.

Thanks,

Steve

You need to contact the distributor for your area. I p.m.ed you the wording of the Ohio dist. program, but yours will be different. Call the dist. and ask to talk with your area's sales rep.

Like a lot of things these discounts are passed along to friends and associates that boast about how great a deal they got.

I have worked on forest trail type things with Sims act funds. We made bridges, bought utility poles, 3x6 treated boards stuff like that. No one ever considered getting any Stihl stuff. The guys that worked for the phone company brought the drills. Plenty of us have chainsaws and the amount of use they got was pretty minimal.

Stihl is a world leader in the production of professional forestry equipment and a member of the Outokumpu AG Group. Stihl's government pricing policy is to provide the best australian writing and possible value for money for our customers, which includes providing competitive prices with no hidden costs or fees.

For most of those discounts for nonprofit government etc. they have to bought buy them, you can’t just say your using it for that.
a letterhead or email from organization may be needed.
just Ask dealer to call distributor if they don’t know- or call them yourselves.

Back