• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl MS361 arctic all stock

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am STILL waiting for payment to arrive. Plan A payment via bank failed, and Plan B payment was supposedly sent early last week by US post. But it has not arrived here as yet.

If Plan B payment does not arrive here by the end of this week (a full month after said buyer said he was sending me payment), there are 2 people in line that want this saw. But maybe I should start another list... in future, I will never take checks via mail or bank as payment. Paypal or cash only from this point forward.

I am STILL waiting for payment to arrive. Plan A payment via bank failed, and Plan B payment was supposedly sent early last week by US post. But it has not arrived here as yet.

If Plan B payment does not arrive here by the end of this week (a full month after said buyer said he was sending me payment), there are 2 people in line that want this saw. But maybe I should start another list... in future, I will never take checks via mail or bank as payment. Paypal or cash only from this point forward.
I cant imagine it taking more then a week to arrive, at least from the US.

If a person wants to send a check they should spend the extra few dollars and have it sent PM with signature confirmation. That way both parties have some confidence

Well I have verified PayPal,

if it falls through let me know.

I will add you to the list.

2nd attempt at payment was supposedly sent on the 1st of the month. Nothing has arrived here as yet. I am getting all my other mail, even with lots of snow and icy roads here the PO has been delivering.

You're getting the run around. Is there any tracking for either of these checks? I doubt it. Considering that a priority flat rate envelope is all of $6 to send and is a 2-3 day service, there's no good reason not to use one, especially on a several hundred dollar purchase. It's more reliable and you can see when it has been delivered. After the first one didn't show the right thing to do would have been drop a check or money order in a express mail envelope. Keeping a seller from getting their money is not cool even if it isn't your fault they haven't.

I've gotten similar excuses from people numerous times when selling gun items or car parts online. I give them the benefit of the doubt the first time, after the second time I inform them that they have 3 days for me to receive payment or the item goes back up for sale or to the next in line. Every time they have backed out at that point and usually say "shred the check if it shows up" or "refuse and return to sender", mysteriously not a single one of those lost payments have turned up. The one time I had a payment I sent via snail mail lost, it showed up to the seller a couple months later, but did show up.

Paypal is very convenient but its way too easy as a seller to get ripped off. A buyer can claim you sent them a box of rocks and they will side with the buyer every time. My rule of thumb is to not accept payments larger than you're willing to lose.

We have rental properties and got fed up with all the excuses. I believe I have heard them all. Now we have the renters deposit the money in our bank account. They do not need the account number just the name. They cannot claim they "mailed" it. It has vastly improved payments. It will not work in the case of selling long distance but has been effective short distances

I didn't think to do a flat rate envelope so it'd have tracking. I just mailed it in a normal envelope (actually mentioned that yesterday in PM). I didn't expect issue with "round 2" and dropping a letter in the mailbox was way easier than spending 20-30 mins in line at the post office to mail a flat rate.
To Oregon should be 2-3 days I'd think, so I don't know what's going on.
If it doesn't show in the next couple days I can overnight yet another check.

First payment I sent was through my bank, with their "bill pay". They cut a check and mail it. It's a bit more secure than a normal check for the seller since once the bank cuts the check, the money is pulled from the account. No.money = no check.

I use that for most my bills and works pretty well. I was able to cancel that one on Monday as I was worried it ended up in the wrong place and would be cashed.

I wrote a regular check on the 30th and mailed it the evening of the first. I took a picture of the check carbon copy yesterday and PMed it just to show, but I'm not a fly by night deal or anything. I actually PMed seeing if the check showed up 2 or 3 days ago.

Out of curiosity, if you're the seller and the buyer pays by check, how long after depositing the check do you wait to send the item?

Your bank will of course cash the check, but in a week if the check bounces or turns out to be phony, the depositor is liable for the funds.

I'm by no means suggesting that's what's going on here, but "check kiting" as it's known, is not uncommon.

Most banks process checks in 2-3 days. I take checks as payment almost everyday, only have had one in 6 years be bad and they came in and paid after I called them.

Latest posts

Back