• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl MS460 Magnum $425.00 Shipped

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only expected what was advertised. I didn't recieve what was advertised so yes, I'm ticked off whether it was still a good buy or not. My concern is that when that much was not as advertised, what else also isn't? It's easy for you armchair commandos to sit behind a keyboard and take a side but I can guarantee than any one of you would feel the same way if you didn't get what you were promised.

The saw is back on the way to the seller, any one of you are more than welcome to offer him the same if it's good enough for the price.
Good for you, now that your happy the world may resume as it was before you got butt hurt

And if I got something that wasn't right I would suck it up and learn my lesson the hard way, or I would make it right between the seller and myself, it's nobody elses business as long as he takes care of the issue. Which he did in the best manner possible. This whole thread was unnecessary.

Honestly if I and another person went through all that and I was truly that butt hurt about a damn case *gasket* and clutch bearing I'd probably just go spend the $15 or whatever it is at the dealership and replace it myself.

If given the choice between that and trashing someone who'd been around the playground for a while if I were the new kid? Pfft, no brainer, but I'm a people person and I'm a little handy with these here chainsaws;). That ain't keyboard commando'n, that's just called being a man and taking care of stuff...

I only expected what was advertised. I didn't recieve what was advertised so yes, I'm ticked off whether it was still a good buy or not. My concern is that when that much was not as advertised, what else also isn't? It's easy for you armchair commandos to sit behind a keyboard and take a side but I can guarantee than any one of you would feel the same way if you didn't get what you were promised.

The saw is back on the way to the seller, any one of you are more than welcome to offer him the same if it's good enough for the price.
Dude pull that burr outta yoar rectum.Griping is costing you far more than will ever come back 2 ya

Maybe a Stihl
f958775bcedd8411bd4304f15e1a27ba.png
is in order

I noticed people started listing the source of their seals, gaskets, and clutch drums when they post saws FS now so there is a silver lining....

You're a little light in the head huh?

When the parts are listed as OEM one would expect them to be, if they are and they're not then that is wrong.

The seller got this saw from someone else who told him what was in it. The seller obviously didn't look into it but as soon as he made a claim of what was, then he is the responsible party for delivering an item as advertised.

You're a little light in the head huh?

When the parts are listed as OEM one would expect them to be, if they are and they're not then that is wrong.

The seller got this saw from someone else who told him what was in it. The seller obviously didn't look into it but as soon as he made a claim of what was, then he is the responsible party for delivering an item as advertised.

I read the original ad a few times, and the OEM bearings and seals referenced are quite obviously the crank bearings and seals. It doesn't take a very high level of knowledge, or comprehension to figure that out.

When I buy stuff, I ask for specific information, if I feel not enough information has been provided.

Isn't it awesome that hiih8r has volunteered his time to teach folks on AS how to conduct e-commerce? It's really a great asset to the community to have someone with millions of dollars of online sales experience who's willing to give us public lessons with real-life examples.

I definitely enjoyed the first one on commanding a premium price on used parts. I guess I missed the second lesson, but the third session here has been a great learning experience. I don't know about you guys, but I'm definitely excited to see what lesson number four brings.

I read the original ad a few times, and the OEM bearings and seals referenced are quite obviously the crank bearings and seals. It doesn't take a very high level of knowledge, or comprehension to figure that out.

When I buy stuff, I ask for specific information, if I feel not enough information has been provided.

That's what I got from the ad too. Nowhere does it say that every part except the top end is supposed to be OEM.

I noticed people started listing the source of their seals, gaskets, and clutch drums when they post saws FS now so there is a silver lining....
Yeah, I dont want to hear about it from petty little men with too much time on their hands to nit pick. Gaskets, seals, and clutch drums are not exactly high dollar parts and they only get made a few places. I do not want to have to deal with someone having a temper tantrum over the source of parts.

I watched a guy almost get in a fistfight at a mechanic over someone using Koyo bearings on his truck instead of Timken. Even when half the time you buy timken now they show up with Koyo labels on it these days. Same manufacturing company, different label and price (Koyo is cheaper). I dont want to deal with that.

That's what I got from the ad too. Nowhere does it say that every part except the top end is supposed to be OEM.

Amateurs

Back