• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl MS460 Magnum $425.00 Shipped

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would completely agree with this posting, I think that a response back in less then an hour is considered prompt, I want all buyers to be happy with what I sell them, just as I want to be happy with selling it to them. I expect the same respect when I am the buyer. He is new here so I am going to forget about it, but I hope in the future he tries to work out any issues privately first.
Your even more of a noob :laugh:.
But you've done right by me. Still wondering where my fresh bar oil is :buttkick:.
Dustin did everything he told me he would, thank you sir :cheers:.

First of all lets retract what your saying Dustin, no need for it just as there was no need for it from him.
How did he pay you F&F, then do the same. He sent you the money without anyone vouching for you and didn't have the saw.
Even though he hasn't dealt with this the best way it doesn't change how you should do things.
Yes, trust him with the money and the saw if that's how he paid you.

If I wanted to **** you I'd send you a box of rocks, not refund the payment you sent like I did. I don't need your money nor do I want it.

I trusted you enough to send you a gift payment, and I trusted you to deliver the saw as you advertised it. You did not, so no I will not accept your method of paying me back which puts me at a disadvantage if you want to make false claims after it has been returned. At least with the saw in my hands I have something if this has to go to court.

Furthermore, I have conducted about a dozen flawless transactions here since joining very recently.

I let you know that ANYTHING short of a refund on the payment I made and you sending a return shipping label is unacceptable to me.

Thanks for the heads up. That is a tough one. I'd definitely be hesitant to trust him with the saw and the money. Honestly, at this point maybe he should just keep the saw. You keep the money. If he sent F&F, there's not much else to do. What's an attorney going to do exactly. Seems like it's gonna be pretty tough to please this guy and the damage is already done.

To the buyer, I think if you want your money back accepting a refund through goods and services is the way you're gonna get it.

Just my opinion. Maybe I'm cynical.

I trusted him with the saw and the money. For a week in fact since PayPal put a hold on the payment going into his account.

I will get my money back, that I am not worried about.

I'm confused.......

@dustinwilt68, I would not even consider giving him the saw and his money, when he first signed up he made an ass of himself trying to sell overpriced bars and then insulting people who were trying to only help, he's not interested in your money, he's interested in causing a scene.

He got a nice looking saw, and if the saw has new crank bearings, seals, jug n slug, and ported, then he has nothing to complain about, if he wants an oem clutch, send him a junk stihl one, it won't matter cause he won't be happy regardless, some people thrive on b****ing about anything. I've never bought from you personally but I've watched alot of your saws go to a lot of happy people. If he made his payment via f+f then I would tell him to pound sand, supposedly he's bought and sold millions via Internet forums (his words), someone like that should know better than to use f +f if they are worried about getting screwed.

I would not hesitate to buy from you.... at all.

Why, is this the norm here?

Again I do not have any indication of malicious intent from Mr.Wilt therefor I will not assume there is any nor do I believe there is any.

There is evevidence of gross negligence however. Mr.Wilt admitted that he got this saw from someone who rebuilt it (whom he claims to know) and took his word on the stated condition without doing even a simple inspection that would show that at least not all of the bearings and seals are not OEM as his seller claimed. It's blatantly obvious that the case seal and clutch bearing are not OEM, a 5 minute inspection showed this.

I make my living selling online and I did not have to learn a lesson in order to know that you need to know what you're selling or word it to cover your ass and not make any false claims. The fact is that it could have been advertised after a proper inspection and it would have still been a ok price, I would not have bought it however.

Mr.Wilt had offered a refund and so long as it's a direct refund and he pays all return shipping costs I will be satisfied, but so long as he is selling saws on here buyers still need to be aware that he did not do a proper inspection and offer an accurate description on this particular saw. Hopefully from here out he does.
Get a life! Loser!

I trusted him with the saw and the money. For a week in fact since PayPal put a hold on the payment going into his account.

I will get my money back, that I am not worried about.

This guy is an a$$hat. If you sell the amount you do and everyone's good, it just stands to reason the buyer is off. And the people vouching for you will uphold your good name.

I want every buyer to be happy with their purchase, if they are not I will make every attempt to make to find a resolution. I have sent his payment back via friends and family as he has requested, and I am hopeful that the saw will be returned as shipped. I thank everyone for standing behind my name, means more then the money to me. This is the last time I will post on this issue.

I've bought and sold millions of dollars of goods on internet forums and the general rule of thumb is, don't **** in someones ad. If you believe something is overpriced, then you should PM them.

Just so everyone can see, these are his words. Pay close attention to the whole quote as he himself said, if something is overpriced you should PM them, but on this very same thread, he did the exact opposite by trying to smear @dustinwilt68 all over the ground before he had a chance to make it right (not that it wasn't right to start with) with stuff that is trivial as hell, rather than settle it like an adult, I hope every one sees this so they know not to deal with this guy before it ever becomes an issue, like what happened to dustin. And dustin, I wish you the best of luck getting your saw back, getting your new top end on, and selling it again! Next time it will be to someone who is not only grateful, but tickled pink to have a saw like that from a good dude.

Austin

That's kind of my thoughts on it. $425 for a 460, shipped is a darn good price. I paid over that before shipping for the two I have (although one was ported). I mean figure even cheap shipping across the L48 is what, $30-40?, so paying maybe $385 for the saw.

I'm not understanding what it matters if the case seal isn't OEM, it's not like there are really "bad" case seals, but it's not like that was even mentioned anyhow. I tell ya, in many years of dealing with public I've had a very small number I pretty well politely told them to go "fawk their hat" and hoped I'd never ever see them again.... people that pretty much expected both ends and the middle plus a steak diner and their light bill paid.

I only expected what was advertised. I didn't recieve what was advertised so yes, I'm ticked off whether it was still a good buy or not. My concern is that when that much was not as advertised, what else also isn't? It's easy for you armchair commandos to sit behind a keyboard and take a side but I can guarantee than any one of you would feel the same way if you didn't get what you were promised.

The saw is back on the way to the seller, any one of you are more than welcome to offer him the same if it's good enough for the price.

Latest posts

Back