Stihl Rollomatic ES Light look changing?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Typhke

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
It seems that some changes were done to the bars, just found this at the Stihl website:
I-KAT_2014_MS-I001_730.jpg

Or go to: http://www.stihl.de/STIHL-Produkte/0100/Motorsägen.aspx

I haven't seen it on the other official sites of Stihl, only on the one from Germany. Anyone got some info on these?
They look pretty cool imo. Don't know if it is only the Light bar they are going to change or if all bars will be changed. Wait and see I guess!

That is very nice! I like the dirty MS 261 C-M also. Thanks for sharing.

I've checked the bars at the German site but they still have the old pictures. Also checked a German forum but haven't found a thing about new bars. Probably will take a while before they are available in Belgium, cuz we haven't even got the 661 available.

I like the new bar look. The 261 cm is the best 50cc saw I've ever ran for firewood. The gutless 346 can keep rolling over in fear of being forgotten:buttkick:

The bulk + sluggy handling and trigger responce of the 261 really makes it irrelevant in the 50cc class. That model likely is the main reason that there no longer are any real Stihl dealers around here (there used to be two).

The bulk + sluggy handling and trigger responce of the 261 really makes it irrelevant in the 50cc class. That model likely is the main reason that there no longer are any real Stihl dealers around here (there used to be two).

I noticed no bulk for it and there's no lack of throttle response on Randys personal 261cm. I would walk past a million 346s to get to one of them. Signed biggest 346 hater in the world:p

I noticed no bulk for it and there's no lack of throttle response on Randys personal 261cm. I would walk past a million 346s to get to one of them. Signed biggest 346 hater in the world:p

Sure, but his personal saw hardly is stock, and stock saws are what most people actually use.

Sure, but his personal saw hardly is stock, and stock saws are what most people actually use.

True but I don't run stock saws either. I buried the 261 in the 661 test log and could really push on it. I like that much better than the very light touch the 346 needs to buck firewood.

Oh haha... "the 261 put my local dealers out of business" Good one, I spit my coffee out my nose all over the screen!

How about this: the two Husqy shops around here were so overwhelmed by AutoTune starting issues and non local saw purchases that they've started selling mowers instead.

There, it feels good to make wild claims regarding the opposition's flagship model ;)

True but I don't run stock saws either. I buried the 261 in the 661 test log and could really push on it. I like that much better than the very light touch the 346 needs to buck firewood.

I've seen 346's and 550's that have torque:popcorn:

I've seen 346's and 550's that have torque:popcorn:

I'm not saying they have no torque. The 261 is just a more user friendly power band and can take being pushed on a lot more than the others. I've tried to like the 346 but the rolling over and lack of torque for pulling a full bar in hard woods.

Back