Stihl Rollomatic ES Light look changing?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What were we talking about?

Oh yeah, German bars, I have never been there but I am sure I could get drunk in one of them. :givebeer:

Last edited:
View attachment 323833 the best 50cc saw in my collection

9uqy7y2y.jpg
u8uhe7y2.jpg

"100% of Home Invasions Occur in a Home" - Sharpsburg

What's the fuss someone post a video head to head. Seeing is believing I know some of ya'll can work youtube!

MS261 vs. MS261 c-m vs. Husky 346xp vs. 550xp

Seems like they are introducing a completely new line of bars.

Source: http://www.stihl.de/stihl-rollomatic-es-carbon.aspx
It's the 24" and it should be lightest one in the world. It weighs less than half of an original 24" Rollomatic ES (not Light). It's weighing 780 gram (1lb 11.514oz?). Nothing about the sizes that they will be available in.
carbon-concept-schiene-9-galerie_rdax_90.jpg

What's the fuss someone post a video head to head. Seeing is believing I know some of ya'll can work youtube!

MS261 vs. MS261 c-m vs. Husky 346xp vs. 550xp

Videos already on youtube. Mastermind7864 "50cc saw shootout". My 2153 beat the 550 and 261 the first go around, and then in Oct beat a jonsered 2253 and 261cm. All ported by Randy.

To bad all I have for Jonsered is my TSC no pro saw there:(

When I bought all my Jonsereds- I didn't have a dealer anywhere around. TL was still logging and hadn't become a dealer. Mdavlee (Mike) would have to chime in but I believe he orig bought the 2153 in KY, VA, or WV (I cant remember). The 2171 I bought from McLaren (Paul) I think he bought it up north somewhere after an extensive search for that saw. The 2188 I bought from Like2Surf in California. I have no idea where he bought that saw at. Randy worked the deal for me. Anyways, no reason to buy a saw at TSC. You have access to TL Terry Landrum (Wicked Work Saw) in TN and then Spike60 up North.

if you can find one. Good Luck.

2153 = 346 50cc

2152 = Husq 353 detuned 50cc

2156= Husq 357 56 or 57cc

2159= Husq 359 59cc

Only available as a special limited edition. I think there'd be a market for a normal (non carbon) ES light in 25". The 25" weighs a tonne. I've got the 28" ES light and it balances neutral on a 441, same as a 20" standard. Real pleasure to use, and a very usable bar size. It is very durable, stands up to extreme punishment and the rails are wearing well with hardly any dressing required. It's my favourite saw/bar combo for crane work.

I've also got the 36" ES lite on a 660 and it balances ok. Not as nice as the 28" does on a 441, it's nose heavy but it's a big improvement over a standard 36" bar. I think the 32" would be a neutral balance bar on a 660. For the amount of life and wear you get out of them, ES lite bars are great value for people who use their saws daily.

Only available as a special limited edition. I think there'd be a market for a normal (non carbon) ES light in 25". The 25" weighs a tonne. I've got the 28" ES light and it balances neutral on a 441, same as a 20" standard. Real pleasure to use, and a very usable bar size. It is very durable, stands up to extreme punishment and the rails are wearing well with hardly any dressing required. It's my favourite saw/bar combo for crane work.

I've also got the 36" ES lite on a 660 and it balances ok. Not as nice as the 28" does on a 441, it's nose heavy but it's a big improvement over a standard 36" bar. I think the 32" would be a neutral balance bar on a 660. For the amount of life and wear you get out of them, ES lite bars are great value for people who use their saws daily.

Fully agree with the above.

if you can find one. Good Luck.

2153 = 346 50cc

2152 = Husq 353 detuned 52cc

2156= Husq 357 56.5cc

2159= Husq 359 detuned 59cc

Fixed it for you!

I don't quite like the word "detuned" in this context though, as the top ends are differently made from the outset, to produce less rpm and power than the slightly smaller counterparts - not really detuned. ;)

Last edited:
Videos already on youtube. Mastermind7864 "50cc saw shootout". My 2153 beat the 550 and 261 the first go around, and then in Oct beat a jonsered 2253 and 261cm. All ported by Randy.
My new ms362 has the new rolematic bar went out yesterday downed a 70 year old pecan me my buddy my ms 180 / 261 / 362 made a big firewood pile now to kiln dry it and bundle it. We got 8 trees more to go.

I wonder if it was a runaway success whether stihl would consider putting these carbon fibre bars all the way through there range I know price could be a factor but it would be a nice option

Latest posts

Back