StockBridge Climbing Preparation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The other 2 guys (33 and 25) both went to school and they know everything there is to know.

:hmm3grin2orange:

Its the right thing to do and if you don't have the degree then your no arborist to me. i.

You and pinkie
attachment.php

got your heads so far up your asses you prob don't even notice the smell anymore :)

He's skeeered :cry:

well im willing to give him the benefit of the dought and he should just go for it. spend 500 on climbing gear and just go for a few hours at a time. The first time i went up i was scared my self but now 80 feet is nothing to me. Now im a secondary climber in our outfit because our top climber just moved away. All he needs to do now is gain experience and at 115 pounds he will be able to get out way farther than us 200 plus guys. If he sticks to it and has drive he will be just fine and most likely blow away the rest of us.

went up for the open house about 2 weeks ago and met up with some of the kids in the program. Stayed over night and went to a nice little party :dizzy: with a few of them. The program is really nice and if i were you i would start learning your trees yesterday. If your good in your climbing labs then you can skip out on them until the final so if i were you get some gear and get up in the trees now.

Do you work for anybody right now who climbs?

I'm working at a local collage to complete my SAT's first. Then as soon as I can get another job I will invest in climbing gear, I work for knone who climbs or seriously I would be in a tree right now! :) exactly 115 lbs IF I can get over my heights I will be able to go way out on the tips of branches

TV- Seriously get a life, a REAL life. I don't have the time to argue with you as for you clearly enjoy it so I'm done arguing with you. No wonder I am getting so many PMs telling me to just ignore you and that you have always been the know it all on this site. People around you are sick of you I have 7 PMs! Jeeze guy....

He's skeeered :cry:

PS- There's a difference between scared and fears, now your just harassing me...way to be. I hope you feel better, who the hell used to pick on YOU when you were younger because clearly someone did...

Last edited:
went up for the open house about 2 weeks ago and met up with some of the kids in the program. Stayed over night and went to a nice little party :dizzy: with a few of them. The program is really nice and if i were you i would start learning your trees yesterday. If your good in your climbing labs then you can skip out on them until the final so if i were you get some gear and get up in the trees now.

Do you work for anybody right now who climbs?

They do take attendance in some classes FYI... If you missed a certain amount, you failed. Seeing as how they were 1 day a week labs, it was typically a good idea to go...

They do take attendance in some classes FYI... If you missed a certain amount, you failed. Seeing as how they were 1 day a week labs, it was typically a good idea to go...

no its not a good idea but that is what one of he kids said when i spoke with him about it. The professor actually tells you not to come back for the final and to skip out on the labs. personally i would just go to them because you might pick up a little something every once and awhile that you will use from then on. Knowledge and experience make the climber and i have alittle of both so the labs will be a big help.

I'm working at a local collage to complete my SAT's first. Then as soon as I can get another job I will invest in climbing gear, I work for knone who climbs or seriously I would be in a tree right now! :) exactly 115 lbs IF I can get over my heights I will be able to go way out on the tips of branches

TV- Seriously get a life, a REAL life. I don't have the time to argue with you as for you clearly enjoy it so I'm done arguing with you. No wonder I am getting so many PMs telling me to just ignore you and that you have always been the know it all on this site. People around you are sick of you I have 7 PMs! Jeeze guy....

PS- There's a difference between scared and fears, now your just harassing me...way to be. I hope you feel better, who the hell used to pick on YOU when you were younger because clearly someone did...

I have always had real good radar for a bullschitter, and you got the guage sitting at the end of the movement (and a snitty little bullschitter with an attitude that never completes anything in a place where he does not belong)

I've been thinking about starting a new thread entitled "why is it always the wuss bags" (or something like that).

You should see this thing I've got now.. I'm trying to figure out what made this cat wake up one day and decide he's gonna be a treeman!

It gets pretty aggravating really..

ha ha

and what was it you called Treemandan in the video forum thread about the video you never finished (or even started really)? I think you called him a Jackass for saying you were 14 years old from the picture of you. Hey I thought you would take that as a compliment. You could pass for 13 easy.:)

I've been thinking about starting a new thread entitled "why is it always the wuss bags" (or something like that).

You should see this thing I've got now.. I'm trying to figure out what made this cat wake up one day and decide he's gonna be a treeman!

It gets pretty aggravating really..

He's young and small, but so was I when I started this gig. I'd take it a bit easier on the kid, guys.

I'm sorry I did not fall out of my mothers **** like you with a rope, saddle and a Arborist Certification.

Now THAT made me laugh! I got one of those mental pictures lol.

I understand this but working like that doesn't make you certified. Certifications make people instantly know you know your stuff without having to prove it to get a job.

Your dead wrong on that one buddy. only through actual working experience do you learn something for sure. certification just means that youve read your books. We have several "certified arborists" running around spiking up maintenance trees and topping everything in site here in wichita. Of course the HOs just take the illegals doing the $1k jobs for $100 anyway!

Its a large problem Ive faced with engineers in heavy highway construcion when i was younger. Yeah sure they know how its "supposed" to work, but without hands on experience they dont know how it does work.

I have always had real good radar for a bullschitter, and you got the guage sitting at the end of the movement (and a snitty little bullschitter with an attitude that never completes anything in a place where he does not belong)

Oh god not you again, do you ever find something better to do then b***t like an old lady. Your immature bs meter is a FAILURE. People really do hate you here and have made it clear to me. I myself am not one to go behind someones back so I'm representing all 7 of them when I say we are sick of you!

Now THAT made me laugh! I got one of those mental pictures lol.

Your dead wrong on that one buddy. only through actual working experience do you learn something for sure. certification just means that youve read your books. We have several "certified arborists" running around spiking up maintenance trees and topping everything in site here in wichita. Of course the HOs just take the illegals doing the $1k jobs for $100 anyway!

Its a large problem Ive faced with engineers in heavy highway construcion when i was younger. Yeah sure they know how its "supposed" to work, but without hands on experience they dont know how it does work.

Maybe in the south but in the city.... I duno its a 50/50 battle

He's young and small, but so was I when I started this gig. I'd take it a bit easier on the kid, guys.

Just give up hes a grump old fart that hates children like the guy that lives across the street from me (these people are psychotic because they were once a child but they reject this)

I'm just guna let him talk his talk obviously he has nothing better to do and has the need to talk down to someone.

I mean he sits there and talks s*** about my film obviously he docent know how long it takes to produce something good, I can tell hes a rusher, probably with his tree work too(that is if he has any time between getting off harassing young people).

Just give up hes a grump old fart that hates children like the guy that lives across the street from me (these people are psychotic because they were once a child but they reject this)

I'm just guna let him talk his talk obviously he has nothing better to do and has the need to talk down to someone.

I mean he sits there and talks s*** about my film obviously he docent know how long it takes to produce something good, I can tell hes a rusher, probably with his tree work too(that is if he has any time between getting off harassing young people).

He may be an old fart and I may have my disagreements with him from time to time but there's a lot you can learn from him, pup. Watch the 'tude.

You are all acting like a bunch of girls at the gossip gallery. Don't you guys have treework to do I know I do.:greenchainsaw:

I was just sayin that he seems to be missing the boat a bit.. heck I started out as a wimpy little bastard too (always kept up with the older guys though), but by the time I was 19 I was whipped into shape real good, climbing and practically running a crew.. by 20 I was a valuable production climber.

Time to get hot Pink! Its passing you by.. more workie, work, less smokie, smoke, cough, cough! lol.

Just get a job, you can always read books. You need some toughening up right now..

I get yelled at enough which makes me not take anyone's s*** anymore. I drag the most I can and get nowhere because I am dragging for the wrong people because NO tree company will hire me to even drag brush or I would be there RIGHT NOW.

No, no I don't think so If I do anything best its holding grudges, old timers like you that are just sarcastic aholes are EXACTLY the kind of teaching that school are trying to ban right now that's NOT how people learn efficiently. But all the learning research I'm sure is FARR too good for you to read right? Because you already know everything future and past....

Treevets tactics for teaching are old school, he knows his #### you can learn alot from him.

Thats the old way; scolding and nagging to get you to prove yourself and step-up your game.

The question is PFA: How bad do you really want to be an arborist? Your just gonna have to prove him wrong and everyone else thats doubts you. You pull that off then you can thank Treevet and punch him in the teeth in one fell swoop. It's a love hate relationship.

Treevets tactics for teaching are old school, he knows his #### you can learn alot from him.

Thats the old way; scolding and nagging to get you to prove yourself and step-up your game.

The question is PFA: How bad do you really want to be an arborist? Your just gonna have to prove him wrong and everyone else thats doubts you. You pull that off then you can thank Treevet and punch him in the teeth in one fell swoop. It's a love hate relationship.

Yeah, maybe one day Pink comes back slaps TV's dentures right out his mouth! lol.

Of course we do! we are just taking time out of our busy schedules to offer our kindly advice to the young lad..

And good advice it is:cheers: Just hope PFA can read between the lines, I know when I was at that age I knew everything when it came to making good choices.:dizzy:

PFA is a step ahead of the rest if he keeps his goals at such a young age and doesn't smoke his brains out. Everything in moderation my friend and you will still be able to do those things when you're 35.

Back