StockBridge Climbing Preparation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Um... I went to the Stockgbridge school... unless things have changed RADICALLY, there is a 1 credit climbing lab, which for the most part works on the basics... and then a chainsaw class which I believe was 1 or 2 credits. All the rest of your time is spent in lecture halls, labs, discussions, and doing some walks, field trips, etc.

There is allot more hand on labs now I have the class line up of courses in my hand, I can't wait I really have the self interest just no job right now :cry:

and no experience ..... go over to 101 where you belong.

You have no reason to be in this forum with the big boys.

The whole point this is here is because more people are here = more advice. But with the good comes the bad as you just proved :greenchainsaw:

The whole point this is here is because more people are here = more advice. But with the good comes the bad as you just proved :greenchainsaw:

You don't get it.....we are not here to train you ("more advice")...we are here to converse with our peers. The 101 forum is for learning.

I'll give you some "more advice"...take your skinny little 115 lb. **** azs and head over the beginner's forum where you belong.:chainsaw:

You don't get it.....we are not here to train you ("more advice")...we are here to converse with our peers. The 101 forum is for learning.

I'll give you some "more advice"...take your skinny little 115 lb. **** azs and head over the beginner's forum where you belong.:chainsaw:

What ever you say fatass, you made an enemy over nothing

What ever you say fatass, you made an enemy over nothing

No fat on my ass but it still weighs more than you do.

I am a 41 year veteran of this business and plain and simple you just do not belong here. Couldn't care less if your insignificant being sees me as an enemy.

Get some miles on and come back and let's see what you got.

No fat on my ass but it still weighs more than you do.

I am a 41 year veteran of this business and plain and simple you just do not belong here. Couldn't care less if your insignificant being sees me as an enemy.

Get some miles on and come back and let's see what you got.

Pretty much I'll show everyone else but you because at this point I can give a s*** less about you and your snobby self (talk about self ego phewee)

Pretty much I'll show everyone else but you because at this point I can give a s*** less about you and your snobby self (talk about self ego phewee)

If you are really looking to be a climber I will give a little advice whether you want it or not. Forget about your little sissy climbing school where they will wipe your nose and your ass and your mommy can come and make sure your being treated fairly.

Go out and find a top of the food chain tree service and offer your labor with the hope of being taught this trade. Give them unfaltering employment working harder than they pay you for. Don't be late or take days off or wine or complain. Be loyal and studious. Save your money and buy the best gear you can with what you have. Read live and sleep and train being a climber and when your chance comes....suck it up and do the best you can. They will likely start you low and slow.

If this doesn't work you have not spent a cent and you have learned way more than becoming a climber even if you don't make it.

If you are really looking to be a climber I will give a little advice whether you want it or not. Forget about your little sissy climbing school where they will wipe your nose and your ass and your mommy can come and make sure your being treated fairly.

Go out and find a top of the food chain tree service and offer your labor with the hope of being taught this trade. Give them unfaltering employment working harder than they pay you for. Don't be late or take days off or wine or complain. Be loyal and studious. Save your money and buy the best gear you can with what you have. Read live and sleep and train being a climber and when your chance comes....suck it up and do the best you can. They will likely start you low and slow.

If this doesn't work you have not spent a cent and you have learned way more than becoming a climber even if you don't make it.

It's a UMASS college course in Agriculture (bachelors or masters), the BEST in the country, don't believe me Google it. They teach you business ethics and a lot more than you think there is no nose for my diseased mother to wipe alright. Already tried handfuls of company's to intern for for FREE with no reply's so yaaaa

It's a UMASS college course in Agriculture (bachelors or masters), the BEST in the country, don't believe me Google it. They teach you business ethics and a lot more than you think there is no nose for my diseased mother to wipe alright. Already tried handfuls of company's to intern for for FREE with no reply's so yaaaa

Anything you can learn there you can learn through the ISA and their recommended list of books.

Forget about that intern stuff. Bet I could drive into your area and without telling anyone I had any experience I could get a job with one of the best tree companies in the area by going up to the owner and look him right in the eyes, even at my 61 years of age, and tell him I want a job with his company and just try me out for a day and watch me prove it. Put me on the hardest you have and give me the hardest job on that job.

I bet I could get a job that day. I bet I could keep that job as long as I wanted it. Nobody on that job could outwork me.

Anything you can learn there you can learn through the ISA and their recommended list of books.

Forget about that intern stuff. Bet I could drive into your area and without telling anyone I had any experience I could get a job with one of the best tree companies in the area by going up to the owner and look him right in the eyes, even at my 61 years of age, and tell him I want a job with his company and just try me out for a day and watch me prove it. Put me on the hardest you have and give me the hardest job on that job.

I bet I could get a job that day. I bet I could keep that job as long as I wanted it. Nobody on that job could outwork me.

Good for you clint eastwood :clap:

PFE-
Truer words could not have been written. I had very little experience three years ago, I did exactly what treevet recommended. Today i'm a certified arborist run a four man crew and climb 5 days a week.
Comments like these may sound harsh but it's a bit of tough love. Read between the lines, even a-holes on this site make some great points. Best of luck buttercup.

Last edited:
I understand this but working like that doesn't make you certified. Certifications make people instantly know you know your stuff without having to prove it to get a job.

Um... I went to the Stockgbridge school... unless things have changed RADICALLY, there is a 1 credit climbing lab, which for the most part works on the basics... and then a chainsaw class which I believe was 1 or 2 credits. All the rest of your time is spent in lecture halls, labs, discussions, and doing some walks, field trips, etc.

What a waste of time and money. I looked over the curriculum and it covers the same information you'll be getting when you need those CEU's . Only 2 credits covering climbing and cutting but you get to sit through a 4 credit course on Intro to turf management. The only way to know trees is to spend time in them, it doesn't look like you will be doing much of that.

Last edited:
Honestly , you may be fooling yourself even trying to be a climber all the schools and fancy gear DOES NOT cure fears , if heights are a problem than thats a pretty big problem , the issue is your comfort and with fear of heights how do propose to work in safe manner when you don't feel safe .....Learning is easy for a willing participant but I would not dream nor waste your time if you said to me I'm afraid of heights .

Certifications make people instantly know you know your stuff without having to prove it to get a job.

oh man. i hope you really do not believe what you just said.

its those people you should be aware of. they are the ones who usually have the certs to cover up for the fact that they can not do the work.

all certified with zero skill is embarrassing really.

Back