StockBridge Climbing Preparation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its those people you should be aware of. they are the ones who usually have the certs to cover up for the fact that they can not do the work.

Furthermore this is the main reason every nerd (pinkie:heart:), mom, housewife, spaz out there gravitates to this field.

The reason initially this profession started making the premium buck is because of the intrinsic DANGER the climber faces day to day. Then to make it even more vulgar....they have such disdain and disrespect for that climber.

All these others that never face that danger or have any intentions to climb suck of that teat the climber provides by standing in the line of fire.

(unless you are a genius innovator that is giving earth changing research such as Shigo)

This boy needs six months of brush dragging old school style.

If you survive that Pink, then worry about the rest..

You kidding? I do that on a daily basis for the past 5 years... my fathers owns a professional landscaping company.

Furthermore this is the main reason every nerd (pinkie:heart:), mom, housewife, spaz out there gravitates to this field.

Seemed like a bunch of mumbo jumbo repeated bs, f*** you TV I'm not a f***ing nerd. I hate you

You kidding? I do that on a daily basis for the past 5 years... my fathers owns a professional landscaping company.

Seemed like a bunch of mumbo jumbo repeated bs, f*** you TV I'm not a f***ing nerd. I hate you

Easy now Hate is a strong word and besides ROGER WATERS is gonna be here for three nights in Nov..

I like yelling at them while there walking past dragging heavy loads , that really makes them unhappy :mad:

I have too much equipment to make it easy these days.

I got REALLY hammered on down in fort lauderdale with my crazy older brother as forman, in the middle of summer for my make it or break test.. I almost quit the first week! Made a treeman out of me though it did. all irrigation, all brush to drag, all day, every day (except sundays).

I'm working on a pretty big sprinkler job in boston for Bartlett, anyway a kid from this school and passed the climbing class...

I lol'd when he told me some stories...

drag brush for a while and if you make it go for the climbing its what i did.

wow this thread went down hill quick sense Ive been to busy to take a look at the forum. guess i gotta stop working and going to school so much. no worries pinkfloyd i work with 3 of the most top notch guys out there and they are all educated. They KNOW everything and they are very good at what they do. champion climber, the nerd who knows every diseased and tree out there and then the old man who is kinda both and then me the brush dragger for now until our champion climber moves away. Stockbridge has a required internship with a large company such as Bartlett so you get your experience there. My game plan is to save up and then purchase all the needed equipment and then after i become old and decrepid ill go and teach at UMASS, UCONN or Paul Smith. Education pays off in the long run.

just look at me i double majored in Electrical and Mechanical engineering with a minor in robotics...:givebeer:

Wait maybe you shouldnt look at me ;) but hell im doing what i love its not about the money here though the money sure does help

Maybe you need to drag much heavier loads then.. and be yelled at some too..

I get yelled at enough which makes me not take anyone's s*** anymore. I drag the most I can and get nowhere because I am dragging for the wrong people because NO tree company will hire me to even drag brush or I would be there RIGHT NOW.

You may thank me when you grow up :)

No, no I don't think so If I do anything best its holding grudges, old timers like you that are just sarcastic aholes are EXACTLY the kind of teaching that school are trying to ban right now that's NOT how people learn efficiently. But all the learning research I'm sure is FARR too good for you to read right? Because you already know everything future and past....

wow this thread went down hill quick sense Ive been to busy to take a look at the forum. guess i gotta stop working and going to school so much. no worries pinkfloyd i work with 3 of the most top notch guys out there and they are all educated. They KNOW everything and they are very good at what they do. champion climber, the nerd who knows every diseased and tree out there and then the old man who is kinda both and then me the brush dragger for now until our champion climber moves away. Stockbridge has a required internship with a large company such as Bartlett so you get your experience there. My game plan is to save up and then purchase all the needed equipment and then after i become old and decrepid ill go and teach at UMASS, UCONN or Paul Smith. Education pays off in the long run.

Yup I have always been told education is the way to go, but if your really old and really stubborn then you will breach your old ways as for "back then" school was not needed. But I live in reality and 2010 :D

You do realize that to teach you need at LEAST a masters, or a PHD. You can get an associates from Stockbridge, and then transfer to UMASS for a bachelors. I'm just trying to give you a little reality check here. If I was headed back in to stockbridge again, I'd be wanting to get comfortable with chemistry, more so than with climbing. Climbing is a VERY small part of what they teach you there... and there are quite a few people who will go in green... I honestly don't think that you need to "prepare" for the climbing class...

I get yelled at enough which makes me not take anyone's s*** anymore. I drag the most I can and get nowhere because I am dragging for the wrong people because NO tree company will hire me to even drag brush or I would be there RIGHT NOW.

No, no I don't think so If I do anything best its holding grudges, old timers like you that are just sarcastic aholes are EXACTLY the kind of teaching that school are trying to ban right now that's NOT how people learn efficiently. But all the learning research I'm sure is FARR too good for you to read right? Because you already know everything future and past....

Yup I have always been told education is the way to go, but if your really old and really stubborn then you will breach your old ways as for "back then" school was not needed. But I live in reality and 2010 :D

Guys like TV are the guys you often want to run over with a truck by "accident" of course , but are the ones that offer the most , and there are no free lunches in the real world and even free advice and experience has too be paid for somehow , and it usually through them yelling at you and breathing down your back like a rabid animal .... Remember this and thicken your skin and listen , you'll have your turn someday to torture the "JR"

Yup I have always been told education is the way to go, but if your really old and really stubborn then you will breach your old ways as for "back then" school was not needed. But I live in reality and 2010 :D[/QUOTE]

the old man (52) went though umass and he does not regret a thing about it. The first thing he said when he first hired me was why are you not at umass right now your wasting your time at stcc. The other 2 guys (33 and 25) both went to school and they know everything there is to know. Its the right thing to do and if you don't have the degree then your no arborist to me. i know im going to get crap for that but thats my honest opinion. Can guys with out degrees do the job? Of coarse they can but do they the knowledge of diseases, how to prune correctly or every botanical name you could think of? Maybe they can but if you hire somebody who is highly educated i believe that the customer is better off and thats what we do in this industry, serving the customer.

Climbing is a VERY small part of what they teach you there...

Tell that to TV (if it will listen)

Guys like TV are the guys you often want to run over with a truck by "accident" of course , but are the ones that offer the most , and there are no free lunches in the real world and even free advice and experience has too be paid for somehow , and it usually through them yelling at you and breathing down your back like a rabid animal .... Remember this and thicken your skin and listen , you'll have your turn someday to torture the "JR"

Sounds reasonable, some people just have the need to be sucked up to and such, and there for I find someone else, someone that doesn't get off yelling at people. My skin is thick but there's a line between thick and standing up, I'd fight a 8ft man, I know I will loose but I'm still not guna take peoples s***.

the old man (52) went though umass and he does not regret a thing about it. The first thing he said when he first hired me was why are you not at umass right now your wasting your time at stcc. The other 2 guys (33 and 25) both went to school and they know everything there is to know. Its the right thing to do and if you don't have the degree then your no arborist to me. i know im going to get crap for that but thats my honest opinion. Can guys with out degrees do the job? Of coarse they can but do they the knowledge of diseases, how to prune correctly or every botanical name you could think of? Maybe they can but if you hire somebody who is highly educated i believe that the customer is better off and thats what we do in this industry, serving the customer.

Amen to that brother

went up for the open house about 2 weeks ago and met up with some of the kids in the program. Stayed over night and went to a nice little party :dizzy: with a few of them. The program is really nice and if i were you i would start learning your trees yesterday. If your good in your climbing labs then you can skip out on them until the final so if i were you get some gear and get up in the trees now.

Do you work for anybody right now who climbs?

Latest posts

Back