Stuck on new saw purchase

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The new 261 c-m is a nice light 50 cc saw, but for larger wood and 24" or 28" bar, the new winner for power to weight ratio in a 70cc saw is the super sweet ms 462 cm. That looks like a very nice (not cheap), very nice saw that has me considering to sell my 562xp and grab a full wrap 462 cm. Only about .25lb heavier than my 562 but has another 10cc. !! o_O

:cool::cool::cool:

I asked the dealer he said cant get a 3/8 for that i asked if one will fit im gonna be pissed

Thanks motolife313! Its does have a translucent tank just hard to see in that picture

Hi everyone im new to this site as a member but have been reading for awhile from Google search.. looking for a new saw either a stihl ms 391 or ms261 i don't know about the mtronic system so wondering who has it how long and any problems... thanks in advance justin
hav 1 stihl ms170 great saw hav echo cs440 also great cant go wrong with either stihl saw.

I asked the dealer he said cant get a 3/8 for that i asked if one will fit im gonna be pissed

my MS260 came .325 also it would take a bar and sprocket change and I think the majority come .325

to go different you may have to buy power head only

not positive about the 3/8 for a 261 if the dealer says no it may be not available as a factory option or way he purchases the saws vs not possible.

the 260 took a Rim sprocket change 10-15 dollars , I think part of the reason my Great uncle was set on 3/8 is he had come from an 026 he probably had a bunch of chains and bars possibly even bulk chain for it that he wanted to be able to carry over to the MS260.

it isn't hard to get a few hundred in chain , bars and sharpening tools for one

if your a tree service or have a bunch of saws running one type of chain for as many saws as possible makes a lot of sense generally I think that is 3/8 .050 for many places it seems to be the universal size you can get bars for Husky and Stihl in 3/8 .050 while Stihl favors .063 in thier bars and Husky seems to like .058

things like top handle saws would run 3/8 low profile typically

it's a great saw either way , happy cutting .

I only had time to run one tank but that one tank lasted a long time. I seems to get good gas millage compared to my 290 and my 362. Talk about easy starting, this thing starts at the slightest pull.

Back