THALL You Hiding From Me

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You talk as if you have alot of knowledge about peckers and taters. Is the wife a cover up?????:phone:

Why do you think I changed my name? I can't tell you how many people from NC and VA asked about potatoes they drilled into the ground. When and why did you southerners move from mules to vegetables?

Haha, I don't need to run a 576. I did pick one up, she was not a 372, that is for sure. I'm sure they run great but better than a 441? I say nay, you say yay. The 372xpw is dead, right next to the best 70cc ever, the 440. The 372xt seems to be a fine one also, time will tell and I hope they didn't rush that one. The 7900 is in it's own class imo, a bad A saw for sure, they just never caught on like the big 2. I don't see that saw being made much longer either due to the EPA. So it will lay in the grave next to the 372xp and MS440. I have my favorite saw out in the shop, a hot 044. When it craps out, the NIB 440 I have will be sent off to be built. So unless Stihl makes another version of the 441, I'm sticking old school.:cheers:

You've really got a new 440 in the box? :cheers: That is really cool; one of Stihl's best ever. (I'm being serious now) I know plenty of guys who have done the same thing with 372's. (including me) Your 044 should last a good long while yet, but should she ever give it up, you'll be able to open up the box and have a new one. Problem is, when the time comes, you're going to hate to actually do it. Before you pop it's cherry, you'll have a look around for a 44 in nice shape to build.

Question for you and Tommy: When the 440 was discontinued, where did most of the business go, to the 441 or 460? I'd guess the 460. In my area, most of the 440 guys went right to the 460 without giving the 441 much of a look. Keep in mind with this 576/441 debate that Husky didn't have something like the 460 in the line up, so it was more important to them to find a way to keep the 372 around.

The 576 and 441 are both good saws, but very few people here would prefer them over the 372 and 440. Both of the new models have a little more power, but most users feel it's canceled out by the additional weight.

OK, back to the bickering.................You Stihl guys are all a bunch of (fill in feminine term of your choice)

You've really got a new 440 in the box? :cheers: That is really cool; one of Stihl's best ever. (I'm being serious now) I know plenty of guys who have done the same thing with 372's. (including me) Your 044 should last a good long while yet, but should she ever give it up, you'll be able to open up the box and have a new one. Problem is, when the time comes, you're going to hate to actually do it. Before you pop it's cherry, you'll have a look around for a 44 in nice shape to build.

Question for you and Tommy: When the 440 was discontinued, where did most of the business go, to the 441 or 460? I'd guess the 460. In my area, most of the 440 guys went right to the 460 without giving the 441 much of a look. Keep in mind with this 576/441 debate that Husky didn't have something like the 460 in the line up, so it was more important to them to find a way to keep the 372 around.

The 576 and 441 are both good saws, but very few people here would prefer them over the 372 and 440. Both of the new models have a little more power, but most users feel it's canceled out by the additional weight.

OK, back to the bickering.................You Stihl guys are all a bunch of (fill in feminine term of your choice)

Yup, new 440 in it's matching box.:D I don't think I could pop the cherry either, LOL. I will probably look for another clean used 044/440 and have that one built.

I'd say most of the 440s sales went to the 460 and might have even pushed some guys to the 372(that was still being produced). I've had and run some nice 460s but they just don't have that much extra power for their weight. The 440 and 372 were just some light weight bad A saws that can fall and limb very easy.

Another problem was many of us liked the old school saws. I was hesistant to purchase a 441 and didn't have high hopes for it. After getting one, they have the same power and weight as the 460. Everyone that has tried a 441 has liked it. Same goes for the 576, most of the old school husky guys want the proven 372. It doesn't matter if the 576 is a nice saw, they want the 372 5:1.

Bad thing is we will have to accept these new versions or stock pile the older ones. When I run out of 044s and 440s, I'll move on. Saws might have plasma rays for engines then.:cheers:

Yup, new 440 in it's matching box.:D I don't think I could pop the cherry either, LOL. I will probably look for another clean used 044/440 and have that one built.

I'd say most of the 440s sales went to the 460 and might have even pushed some guys to the 372(that was still being produced). I've had and run some nice 460s but they just don't have that much extra power for their weight. The 440 and 372 were just some light weight bad A saws that can fall and limb very easy.

Another problem was many of us liked the old school saws. I was hesistant to purchase a 441 and didn't have high hopes for it. After getting one, they have the same power and weight as the 460. Everyone that has tried a 441 has liked it. Same goes for the 576, most of the old school husky guys want the proven 372. It doesn't matter if the 576 is a nice saw, they want the 372 5:1.

Bad thing is we will have to accept these new versions or stock pile the older ones. When I run out of 044s and 440s, I'll move on. Saws might have plasma rays for engines then.:cheers:

My big problem is I have stock piled both.

Haha, I don't need to run a 576. I did pick one up, she was not a 372, that is for sure. I'm sure they run great but better than a 441? I say nay, you say yay. The 372xpw is dead, right next to the best 70cc ever, the 440. The 372xt seems to be a fine one also, time will tell and I hope they didn't rush that one. The 7900 is in it's own class imo, a bad A saw for sure, they just never caught on like the big 2. I don't see that saw being made much longer either due to the EPA. So it will lay in the grave next to the 372xp and MS440. I have my favorite saw out in the shop, a hot 044. When it craps out, the NIB 440 I have will be sent off to be built. So unless Stihl makes another version of the 441, I'm sticking old school.:cheers:

Before you mouth about a saw run it. You have never ran a 576 so before you say nay run one for a couple days. Ahhhhh I picked it up and could tell. LOL

Latest posts

Back