The best 70cc saws.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Banshee

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Since I own mostly 70cc saws and don't really care to have one smaller. I thought I start a disscussion on the 70cc saws.

I own a 70cc in Dolmar, Husky and Stihl. My opinion on the best 70cc saw ever, that all these "best of" disscussion are anyway opinion, it the Stihl 044. In stock vs stock. Modded it would be the 372xp. The 372xp is a different animal modded.
I only reason I'd take the 044 over the 372xp and 7900 is the balance is better. Yeah the Husky and Dolmar will smoke it in the cut, but it not always about power. And yeah if I have a job to do I still will grab the Husky over the 044.
But the 044 delivers good power, well balance, can handle the big bars when needed, mods well, easy to work on, easy to find parts-new or used, has a classic modern Stihl look, and sounds cool.
I owned 3 044's now and still have 2. It's just a great little saw.

I'm interested to hear what you guys think is the best 70cc saw. Since I see more 70cc saws in my future. I've hear great things about the 120si and would love to get one someday. When money allows of course.

The best 70cc saws are the ones in my truck! Between Stihl, Husky and Dolmar, how can you go wrong?

Last edited:
This is gettin kinda old. . . .the whole best_ _cc saw thing

husky 372 or johny 2171, or a stihl 440. . . . just not anything dolmar

ill say 044 since thats what i have

id saay its tie though between the 441 460 372 372xpw

when we say 70cc are we discussing saws that are bw 70-79cc or are we talking about saws that are right at 70cc (<71cc)? if we are going to 79cc, i think the 7900 is a tough combo to beat. if we are throwing in how saws respond to mods, i'm not sure where the 7900 falls. i know there is a lot of positive info about the 372 and 044's modability.

Latest posts

Back