The made in north america Old Magnesium Swap Meet.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, after checking the thing over I thought maybe I should keep it after all. But he needs it worse than me, I've got enough projects right now. If Mark backs out, you're next in line. I'm still interested in getting some parts and bars from you though.
I'll weigh the saw tomorrow and let ya'll know what S&H will cost, that could change his mind. Those C-7s were heavy.

Probably $40 or so to ship. Glad to see we're helping spread the oOd Homelite Magnesium bug (AKA Scarlet Fever) around.

Needing a few things for my 041 stihl.
Air filter plate.
Air filter
and Air filter cover.

get lost

failed.jpg

Made from 67-77
This saw I have is the better part of 40 years old!
5 years difference to your 790 McCulloch

*Pokes bear*

Keep it up kid and your presence will be as unwanted as a baked bean fart.

Yep. I'd have said a cabage fart. Those damn 041's are the most overrated saw ever. Nothing but a ####ed up teutonic imitation of an XL12 with a few more cc. They shake apart, and are WAY too complicated. Wonderboy you're on toilet cleaning and ashtray detail. Let the Shop Monkey make the parts and food runs for a spell.

Yep. I'd have said a cabage fart. Those damn 041's are the most overrated saw ever. Nothing but a ####ed up teutonic imitation of an XL12 with a few more cc. They shake apart, and are WAY too complicated. Wonderboy you're on toilet cleaning and ashtray detail. Let the Shop Monkey make the parts and food runs for a spell.

See Randy, thats all ya had to say! :biggrin:
Its a saw, and I probably will never use it. Just another saw to add to the shelf or trade/sell

What length bar should I put on the Echo CS-900? 36"? I forget the bar mount pattern but I know it's not too common. Could I find something in a solid nose so I can use 3/8-.063?

What length bar should I put on the Echo CS-900? 36"? I forget the bar mount pattern but I know it's not too common. Could I find something in a solid nose so I can use 3/8-.063?

That's not a North American saw you know. I believe it takes the D196 bars (Homelite XL-12 mount) though. The smaller Echos take the D176 Poulan/McCulloch/Echo midsize saw mount. A 30"-36" bar would be my choice on that saw.

randy, when you make your move , i'm sure theres some folks that will make sure all your toy's will make the journey.;)

I know technically, but I needed to get the thread back on the subject. Too much farting...

I know technically, but I needed to get the thread back on the subject. Too much farting...

Good move. Stinks a bit in here. For a Homelite 650 or an Echo CS900VL I'd recomend a 30"-36" D196/TXL/UXL (Oregon/Windsor/Windsor) bar. I have a 33" .404 sprocket nose TXL/UXL bar, but I'm not parting with it as I'm saving it for a big Homelite that takes the D096/D196/UXL/TXL mount....

Good move. Stinks a bit in here. For a Homelite 650 or an Echo CS900VL I'd recomend a 30"-36" D196/TXL/UXL (Oregon/Windsor/Windsor) bar. I have a 33" .404 sprocket nose TXL/UXL bar, but I'm not parting with it as I'm saving it for a big Homelite that takes the D096/D196/UXL/TXL mount....

Hey Aaron, if you cant find me a recoil cover for that 500. Then you got first dibs on it. :cheers:

Very generous of you Jacob. To help erase your earlier 041 screwup...................I'll send you a recoil assembly for your Homelite 500............in exchange for that Homelite 550!:D

Sounds like a sweat deal! Throw in some clogged muffler screens and we'll call it even!
I still dont think it was such a horrible felon? ALOT of them were sold in America?

Last edited:
I am looking for some Homelite SXL parts. Need a clutch cover, both bar spacer plates, bar nuts, bar and chain.

Also looking for a 24" bar for my McCulloch 7-10

I am looking for some Homelite SXL parts. Need a clutch cover, both bar spacer plates, bar nuts, bar and chain.

Also looking for a 24" bar for my McCulloch 7-10

I may be able to help you with an SXL clutch cover and a16" or 20" hardnose bar. Possibly the bar plates too. I need to check my stash. How "perfect" do the clutch cover and bar plates need to be?

Bar nuts are 3/8-16. Try to get the non-serrrated 'flange' nuts. Otherwise, just get some 3/8-16 nuts and some good flat washers. Serrated flange nuts will eat into the clutch cover. Same with split lockwashers.

I'm looking for a good 24" sprocket nose bar for my own 7-10A...:D

Better send me a PM about these parts (lest I forget). I'm looking for parts (in the stash) for a few fellows. My memory ain't so good sometimes).

Back