The made in north america Old Magnesium Swap Meet.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Echo fails.....

Actually most Deere equipment is made in the far east now

Well, living near Waterloo, Iowa I happen to know the tractors over 100 HP are built right in the good old U.S. of A.

I don't know about their consumer products, but the big tractors are definitely made here. In fact, the engine plant on the south side of town actually builds the big diesel engines from blocks and heads made in the foundry down town and machined (mostly) at the component works next door. Same for the transmissions and axle housings, etc. The tractor assembly takes place at the North East sight about 5 miles north of Highway 20.

Oh, I do have a few big old made in the USA Magnesium saws myself. In fact, someone just dropped by to hand over the owners manual for a 3-25 McCulloch, says the saw is in his truck and make sure I move it over to mine before I go home...

Now to find a few more of those single loop diaphragms like used on the 47/49/73/77 saws.

Mark

So just what do they make in that lil' ol' factory in Va. Beach?

Mostly junk portrayed as quality consumer products, put together with T-27 headed funny plastic screws, that isn't old or magnesium, just heavy for the power it produces.

This thread has really jogged my feeble mind. :)

I also could use a right side crankcase for a Homelite 550. Once the former owner tightened the lower wrap bolt, enough to break the mounting boss, they decided the best way to fix it was to drive a 2" gasketed roofing screw through the bottom of the tank. And they wondered why it leaked gas. :confused:

2011-09-11_12-03-54_719.jpg

2011-09-11_12-09-47_421.jpg

2011-09-11_12-09-27_648.jpg

Does anybody have McCulloch 99 stuff they are looking to part with? I have a lead on some stuff in Indiana but, was hoping to get slightly more local. 99's ain't exactly lightweights to ship. :D

I'm not close to you but what kind of parts are you looking for?

I'm game for this thread. Got lots of the old Mag saws.

Anyway , rebuilding a Pioneer RA. (Just installed the new bearings and seals, crank, piston, cylinder today.) I need an air filter cap and stud, and maybe the fuel bowl bail and nut. Those particular parts of mine are awfully corroded.

Chris B.

This message is hidden because ChainsawmanXX is on your ignore list.

Wooow!
Im sorry but I did not realize that speaking my mind, and stating simple facts made me such a bad guy.
Number one I apologized for the misunderstanding, and number two I WAS NOT THE ONLY ONE TO POST ON HERE ABOUT STIHLS!
Now im not gonna ##### foot around trying to look out for everyones fealings. But I did make a mistake so I fessed up. Frankly I think that it was very much uncalled for you to call me out on something that everyone else does (getting off topic on threads). I frankly dont care if you put me on your ignore list, im going to stand my ground, I apologized for the misunderstanding and get treated like an ass?? Thanks for the bad taste :cheers:

I'm not close to you but what kind of parts are you looking for?

Crankcase and internals.

The saw I have looks like it went through a flood and was hosed off. Decent on the outside but, literally sand and mud on the inside.

Do you know if 7-55 parts are interchangeable?

I think igpoe is going to be able to help me out with some things. :)

Its not in my hands...yet. but i can go ahead and say with confidence that i need some parts for a Homie C7, the lower handle bracket/brace starter shroud, and a left side crank housing or the whole crank case if the price is right. but at this time i think ill need the internals. oh and a chain for a 20" bar, or a 24-28" bar and chain

Crankcase and internals.

The saw I have looks like it went through a flood and was hosed off. Decent on the outside but, literally sand and mud on the inside.

Do you know if 7-55 parts are interchangeable?

I think igpoe is going to be able to help me out with some things. :)

I don't have a good crankcase, I know some of the parts are interchangeable.

Latest posts

Back