The made in north america Old Magnesium Swap Meet.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need the complete starter mechanism from flywheel out for a 707G homie or guidance towards a substitute.

The starter parts for these saws come up fairly regularly on ebay. There are a number of NOS parts on there at present. Obviously another way would be to find a parts saw.
Do you have an IPL for your saw?

Chris.

Looking at the pics, I'd say you may need a fuel tank too Mark. I believe the engine's internals are A-OK. 150lbs of compression...

Well in that case, just send everything you got, and keep an open tab...because im sure ill be needing more!:hmm3grin2orange:

Homie 7-19

broken rear handle,cant pull it over.
thats all i know about it.

any usefull parts for anybody ??

attachment.php

attachment.php

hey i know most of us are norteamericanos on here but wonder if we could consider allowing some of the non-norteamericano old mag saws on here as well. we could exclude the "big two" by edict. lots of us own old mag foreign-made saws. or do we need to start a totally separate "the not made in north america old mag swap meet" thread. i see and appreciate your logic in setting it up this way however at least consider what would be the harm in modifying it somewhat. course another separate thread wouldn't hurt either. just a thought.

hey i know most of us are norteamericanos on here but wonder if we could consider allowing some of the non-norteamericano old mag saws on here as well. we could exclude the "big two" by edict. lots of us own old mag foreign-made saws. or do we need to start a totally separate "the not made in north america old mag swap meet" thread. i see and appreciate your logic in setting it up this way however at least consider what would be the harm in modifying it somewhat. course another separate thread wouldn't hurt either. just a thought.

Yeah, we could just call it the "older than 20 years old magnesium cased saws from other countries that are not Husky or Stihl"

Just start another thread. Pretty snooty bunch in here.

I have an NU-17 that is complete, does not run, be good for parts or fixing.
Any interest in a Lancaster? It is stuck, but I have a good spare motor.
7F.jpg

80.jpg

81.jpg

parts003.jpg

parts002.jpg

parts001.jpg

Dammit, just got startled, had to check the date and time, they test the Tsunami alert every first Tuesday at 1000am.

I started this thread because requests for old mag. parts were quickly buried in the regular swap meet.

While I am fond of the old Stihl and Husky mag. saws, I am afraid that this one would soon be overrun with 041, 031, 056, Husky 55, 60 etc. parts requests.

I have no objection to the old, odd and unusual from accross the big pond.

Some day I'd like to corner a good Echo around the 750 range.

Carl.

A big thanks to 8433jeff for the SL-4 parts on the way.

PL-4 parts still needed:

Crankcase cover.
Clutch cover.
Rewind spring.
Starter bits (fiber washers, preload spring, retaining washer and 'E' clip)

attachment.php

Anyone looking for a Power Products rewind cover, recoil spring and pulley? Free.

I bought it for the starter dog and retainer/guide washer for my Wards/Hoffco.

Well in that case, just send everything you got, and keep an open tab...because im sure ill be needing more!:hmm3grin2orange:

I've got a spare lower rear handle brace and flywheel cover (both blue parts from a C-5) that you can have for shipping costs. I already gave away my last spare C-series fuel tank. I'm keeping the engine from that parts saw (piston/rings/cylinder/rod/crank/crankcase/crankcase cover) intact as a spare. It's in better shape (internally) than my pretty runner (avatar pic).

You may or may not be able to save the fuel tank on that saw. Looks like it's got some bad corrosion on the bottom. You'll have to carefully remove all that corrosion and see if there's still sound metal underneath. You could then fill the corroded area with JB weld and paint the tank. That's IF the corrosion hasn't gone alll the way through...

RandyMac, does that Lancaster have a Bender or a Power Products engine? I'm thinking it's the latter due to it matching up to some pics on Acre's.

Latest posts

Back