The made in north america Old Magnesium Swap Meet.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Homie and Poulan stuff waitin' here.

Will the fella who wanted the tophandle Poulan carb. and the fella who wanted the XL-101 coil check your inbox.

It's getting cluttered on 'puter desk.

Last edited:
I got a homelite EZ up for the cost of shipping (unless your in a neighboring state and shipping would be cheap)
Ran at one time, but not getting spark anymore pics upon request. Also robbed the gas an oil cap off at one time. Would make a good project or parts saw.

I might have a couple more. Gettin rid of some stuff

Seriously? Jacob is a good dude.

I think it's a running inside joke.

As some of you guys know, I have quite a bit of the older North American iron and magnesium. Parts
and saws I have a lot of are the Mac 125, Homelite 909-995 series, and Mac 10 series. So if you need
parts off those, I might be able to help. I don't have much of a selection of NOS parts though, so if you're
looking for a particular new piston or connecting rod for an application I probably do not have it.

I'm looking for a Mall 10 or 11 project. If it's a parts saw, complete froze-up yard ornament, or a runner- any is fine.
I don't need the bar, chain, or helper handle.

I got a homelite EZ up for the cost of shipping (unless your in a neighboring state and shipping would be cheap)
Ran at one time, but not getting spark anymore pics upon request. Also robbed the gas an oil cap off at one time. Would make a good project or parts saw.

I might have a couple more. Gettin rid of some stuff

I would be more than happy to take that EZ off your hands, looking for a project for vacation time next week.

thanks for starting this thread. need inner and outer bar guides for a homie c-5. eventually gonna need a b&c

I may have an inner bar plate.

attachment.php

Look like it?? It is an inner but, it was on my C5 as an outer when I got him.

We are both looking for an outer bar plate.

Remington SL-4 parts saw wanted.

Just the powerhead. Can be locked up, white death, broken fuel tank, missing carb. or ?

Need the handle, handle brace and recoil spring to repair an SL-4A with very low hrs.

Need the crankcase cover (clutch side w/bar mount), clutch cover and recoil bits for a PL-4. (The SL-4 cover will fit)

No, the handle from the PL-4 won't work on the SL-4 because of the design change of the reed.

Have an XL-12 parts saw to trade or lots of XL-101 bits.

OK, I got a remington that says 59cc on the recoil, but I don't know what it is. The handle mount is busted off the case. Piston looks good through the exhaust port. I also have a JD model 12 remington and another deere that I can't find a number on, but it's a remington too. I was going to take some pics but I couldn't find the damn camera.

How do I tell a PL-4 from an SL-4?

I think it's a running inside joke.

As some of you guys know, I have quite a bit of the older North American iron and magnesium. Parts
and saws I have a lot of are the Mac 125, Homelite 909-995 series, and Mac 10 series. So if you need
parts off those, I might be able to help. I don't have much of a selection of NOS parts though, so if you're
looking for a particular new piston or connecting rod for an application I probably do not have it.

I'm looking for a Mall 10 or 11 project. If it's a parts saw, complete froze-up yard ornament, or a runner- any is fine.
I don't need the bar, chain, or helper handle.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back about page two or three someone posted about a couple Malls they wanted to get rid of.

Carl.

Well,

Kinda nice to see this thread separated from the "run of the mill" late model stuff!

JJ we know where a Mall 11 is with the "grips" of the handles busted off, and we still have that KB_6 muffler you were interested in.

There is also a pretty good possibility we have a Homelite C-7 with the parts you are looking for AU

CB, We're parting out one that has those parts (can't say Canadian saw here) send us a PM so we don't get any whining!

We also have quite an assortment of odds and ends for these old American Magnesium beauties. Will get a picture tomorrow of the parts room and that may help you guys with some requests. We're always okay with trading stuff. Oh yeah, we can never get enough pictures of dead presidents, we're very patriotic over here!

Brian and Tina

OK, I got a remington that says 59cc on the recoil, but I don't know what it is. The handle mount is busted off the case. Piston looks good through the exhaust port. I also have a JD model 12 remington and another deere that I can't find a number on, but it's a remington too. I was going to take some pics but I couldn't find the damn camera.

How do I tell a PL-4 from an SL-4?

Both the PL-4 and SL-4 are 59cc.

Untill I learn better, the PL-4 has a two leaf pyrmid reed. The SL-4 has a roundish single flat 'flapper'. The SL-4 carb. has a plastic spacer it mounts to. The PL-4 carb. mounts smack against the carb. box wall.

Brace busted off at the bottom of the oil tank part?

John Deere model 12 is an SL-9. Everything is a dab smaller, I think. (Where is Drew when you need him. Yikes!)

Thanks Chris.

Both the PL-4 and SL-4 are 59cc.

Untill I learn better, the PL-4 has a two leaf pyrmid reed. The SL-4 has a roundish single flat 'flapper'. The SL-4 carb. has a plastic spacer it mounts to. The PL-4 carb. mounts smack against the carb. box wall.

Brace busted off at the bottom of the oil tank part?

John Deere model 12 is an SL-9. Everything is a dab smaller, I think. (Where is Drew when you need him. Yikes!)

Thanks Chris.

The handle is busted at the top, why did they make the bar bracket part of the case half??

I'll get some pics tomorrow.

Well,

Kinda nice to see this thread separated from the "run of the mill" late model stuff!

JJ we know where a Mall 11 is with the "grips" of the handles busted off, and we still have that KB_6 muffler you were interested in.

There is also a pretty good possibility we have a Homelite C-7 with the parts you are looking for AU

CB, We're parting out one that has those parts (can't say Canadian saw here) send us a PM so we don't get any whining!

We also have quite an assortment of odds and ends for these old American Magnesium beauties. Will get a picture tomorrow of the parts room and that may help you guys with some requests. We're always okay with trading stuff. Oh yeah, we can never get enough pictures of dead presidents, we're very patriotic over here!

Brian and Tina

Oh, yes you may! North american Old Magnesium.

Never, ever did I intend to leave out the fine products of Canada.

Did you fellas miss that Skillsaw 1645/PM 340 on page 4? I'd be on that like stink on poo-poo but I already have one.

Almost forgot,

Thomas we have a Mac 99 on the way, it turns over and we intend to part it out. It is supposed to have "good" compression, too.

"Oh, yes you may! North american Old Magnesium.

Never, ever did I intend to leave out the fine products of Canada."

I could've sworn that they're flag looked a little different than ours...guess I misunderstood! Does that make the Mexican McCulloch's South American?:msp_sneaky:

Thanks for the clarification,

Brian and Tina

I do have a 6-10 piston, and a D44 piston if anybody can use them. Both are new with rings. I bought them hoping they would work for other projects, and they didnt.

Remington SL-4 parts needed.

Handle/carb box
Handle brace
Recoil spring

PL-4 parts needed

Recoil spring and starter dog with misc. small bits
Rt. side crankcase cover.
Clutch cover.

An SL-4 parts saw would cover all the above needs.

Have lots of misc. XL-100 type bits and an XL-12 parts saw (complete!). Also some nice Walbro SDC-12's. See page 1 for pics.

Holy smoke, we are on page seven already!

Carl,

You'll ply all my remington parts out of me yet:biggrin:
I'm off to service school this week, but let me see on the weekend, I'm sure I have all that you require.

Drew

Its not in my hands...yet. but i can go ahead and say with confidence that i need some parts for a Homie C7, the lower handle bracket/brace starter shroud, and a left side crank housing or the whole crank case if the price is right. but at this time i think ill need the internals. oh and a chain for a 20" bar, or a 24-28" bar and chain

Looking at the pics, I'd say you may need a fuel tank too Mark. I believe the engine's internals are A-OK. 150lbs of compression...

I still need a set of Poulan 8500 crankcases.
I just listed a good rear handle crank case for a 7700 Poulan last night on Ebay. The bearing all felt good to me. I don't know about the seals. I would replace them anyway. The handle does have several paint chips and the previous owner scratched a bunch of numbers in the rear handle. The reeds looked in good shape also. If my posting this offends anyone or breaks any rules of this site. I will, or a mod can delete it. Just giving you a heads up,

Latest posts

Back