The Traveling Leveraxe/Leveraxe 2 Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Svk , my shoulder is still not good enough to test them. Being our spring gtg was a wash ,literally, rained till late Saturday. If no one wants to test them I would like to keep them until this spring gtg to let guys try them out. If not let me know where to send them.
Thanks

Sent from Hoskvarna hills

We've had no other requests as of late so hold onto them until you hear otherwise.

Let us know when you have a date set. Nothing will keep me from coming for the weekend this year!

Bump.

I have both of the Leveraxes again. It seems as though these have more or less made the rounds with all interested parties but please speak up if you are interested in giving them a try.

Otherwise I'll bring these up to my cabin where they will get used periodically until someone else wishes to try them out.

Hi,
Long time, no talk with you. Many things have happened since we started our common conversation about my invention (April 2007), Leveraxe.
In the beginning there was a lot suspicious opinions of which I got a lot good new ways to talk about the Leveraxe. Thank you all for that. Leveraxe is now stronger than ever before. The knowledge of it has spread all over the world. We made licence agreement with the Mexican Truper company that makes Leveraxes for the need of Canada, USA and Mexico.
Leveraxe is now available also in Lowe's. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Truper-LEVERAXE-Steel-Splitting-Axe-with-36-in-Hickory-Handle/1000195237 .These Mexican made Leveraxes are also widely sold all over the world. Also all of the original models are available. My videos have been seen more than 25 million times in Youtube. Thank you all for your patience during these years.
I wish you all Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Heikki

https://designfromfinland.com/2017/11/10/leveraging-a-true-innovation-the-story-of-leveraxe/

Hi,
Long time, no talk with you. Many things have happened since we started our common conversation about my invention (April 2007), Leveraxe.
In the beginning there was a lot suspicious opinions of which I got a lot good new ways to talk about the Leveraxe. Thank you all for that. Leveraxe is now stronger than ever before. The knowledge of it has spread all over the world. We made licence agreement with the Mexican Truper company that makes Leveraxes for the need of Canada, USA and Mexico.
Leveraxe is now available also in Lowe's. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Truper-LEVERAXE-Steel-Splitting-Axe-with-36-in-Hickory-Handle/1000195237 .These Mexican made Leveraxes are also widely sold all over the world. Also all of the original models are available. My videos have been seen more than 25 million times in Youtube. Thank you all for your patience during these years.
I wish you all Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Heikki

https://designfromfinland.com/2017/11/10/leveraging-a-true-innovation-the-story-of-leveraxe/
Congratulations on your global partnership with Truper!

Do you expect any additional versions of Leveraxe to come out or are you sticking with the original? Also is the second edition still being offered?

By thinking of the axe we know, that it's the oldest tool of Man. Nobody really knows the exact time of it's existence. In this light it is all the same whether I make public new model or not. The Leveraxe has been on the market 12 years that is only a fraction of the second comparing to the existence of the axes, so I don't see any hurry. On the other hand, as an inventor my ambition keeps me going to publish as many inventions as possible. It is hard job, as you possibly realize by reading these pages about the Leveraxe. I just got a new patent about kind of a camping axe, which is also very effective tool to split firewood. I will sell the patent or make a license agreement because I am getting older and I want to relax. All of the Leveraxe models are available. They are highly respected around the world.You will find all the essential information in my web pages www.leveraxe.com .
Heikki

Steve, I never tried the leveraxe, probably never will since I have a splitter. Just curious of your opinion. I used to split straight grain Oak with a 4LB ax just like he's doing in the video. He's obviously not splitting Elm. I still do now and then on stuff that is too big to lift and I don't feel like getting the 660 noodler out. So, after splitting wood for close to fifty years, will I find this a gimmick, or tell the kids I have to have one for Christmas? Joe.

Steve, I never tried the leveraxe, probably never will since I have a splitter. Just curious of your opinion. I used to split straight grain Oak with a 4LB ax just like he's doing in the video. He's obviously not splitting Elm. I still do now and then on stuff that is too big to lift and I don't feel like getting the 660 noodler out. So, after splitting wood for close to fifty years, will I find this a gimmick, or tell the kids I have to have one for Christmas? Joe.
If you are splitting straight grained wood and want to make a lot of splits in a hurry it works really well because the axe stops at the top once the wood has split and doesn't blow through the split into the ground/chopping block like a traditional axe. However this is not a tool for quartering big or difficult rounds.

If you are splitting straight grained wood and want to make a lot of splits in a hurry it works really well because the axe stops at the top once the wood has split and doesn't blow through the split into the ground/chopping block like a traditional axe. However this is not a tool for quartering big or difficult rounds.
Spot on. I agree totally with above.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

I saw one at Lowes yesterday, about $45-50 if remember correctly. It had the wooden handle and was the original design. Had a nice feel to it, and there is a certain allure to it being so unique. Not sure I could pick one up without trying it first.

Say there @Multifaceted if you bought one and stripped the red and black paint you could blue the head and do a nice hand rubbed BLO finish on the handle. Then you would truly have one of a kind.

That would be a on if a kind, unique specimen! I like it! Not sure how the head is joined to the handle, didn't get a good look at it, probably epoxy.... which would be a bear to remove and reattach...

Maybe I'll score one on the classifieds. To buy one new and do all that, honestly, I'd rather spend the money on a nice old Plumb or Sager.

That would be a on if a kind, unique specimen! I like it! Not sure how the head is joined to the handle, didn't get a good look at it, probably epoxy.... which would be a bear to remove and reattach...

Maybe I'll score one on the classifieds. To buy one new and do all that, honestly, I'd rather spend the money on a nice old Plumb or Sager.
The joint of the head and and handle is technically identical to the original one. The eye in the head is conical, the form of the handle is wedge. There is no glue or epoxy, because of no need for any extra attachment. http://www.leveraxe.com/en/medias The story of Leveraxe.

Latest posts

Back