The unofficial Mac 10-10 thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whatever is handy that works! Picked up some MotoSeal today. I cut a slightly thinner gasket to hopefully increase my chances of success. I see a 24 hr. cure time on the stuff. Seems like a little goes a long way, too. Fingers crossed that I used 'just enough'. Starts setting up pretty fast.

I've got a nice 10-10 that I picked up back in Feb.for $50.All it needed was a new fuel line,filter,& a carb rerbuild.I took it out cutting a few times & it ran well.Then it refused to restart after refueling & I haven't been able to get it started since.I put a new plug in it & still no start.I haven't checked it for spark yet.Any ideas?
Ed

Whatever is handy that works! Picked up some MotoSeal today. I cut a slightly thinner gasket to hopefully increase my chances of success. I see a 24 hr. cure time on the stuff. Seems like a little goes a long way, too. Fingers crossed that I used 'just enough'. Starts setting up pretty fast.

20190414_172714.jpg
This is what I use on the tank Gaskets.

Tim, Tim, Tim - you of all people should know you must swap the flywheel since the RH and LH flywheels are different (RH are smaller diameter and lack the starter pawls).

On the clutch side, the RH start saws had a keyway and use a RH threaded nut, there are a very few clutch spiders with the keyway and no starter pawls from the time they were switching from RH to LH start saws like the early 7-10 models. You won't be successful with a non keyway spider since the nut RH nut will always come loose. I am sure you could use a spider from a RH start saw if you knocked out the rivets and remove the pawls as I don't believe they would fit under the clutch cover.

Other than that, everything should work just fine, the block doesn't change at all.

Mark

Tim, Tim, Tim - you of all people should know you must swap the flywheel since the RH and LH flywheels are different (RH are smaller diameter and lack the starter pawls).

On the clutch side, the RH start saws had a keyway and use a RH threaded nut, there are a very few clutch spiders with the keyway and no starter pawls from the time they were switching from RH to LH start saws like the early 7-10 models. You won't be successful with a non keyway spider since the nut RH nut will always come loose. I am sure you could use a spider from a RH start saw if you knocked out the rivets and remove the pawls as I don't believe they would fit under the clutch cover.

Other than that, everything should work just fine, the block doesn't change at all.

Mark

This why I call in the experts. But I did manage to get the question answered.

Thanks Mark. Alway a pleasure! Your package should be floundering around USPS Monday afternoon.

This why I call in the experts. But I did manage to get the question answered.

Thanks Mark. Alway a pleasure! Your package should be floundering around USPS Monday afternoon.
Yeah Thanks!, it's just a super nice motor that came with the other saws and eventually I'll probably wear out one of my 10-10s ,I'm glad to know.

Back