Thoughts on the Tech Tach tt-20k?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ANewSawyer

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I started out with the Fast Tach but with the abysmal customer support I went to a EDT-8. Mine did not work properly from the get go but being in Canada they were less than useful.

That's essentially what I'm asking. What does it do that the smaller all wireless Tiny Tach doesn't do.

I found that the wireless tachs won`t work correctly on the old all mag saws that had heavy magnesium covers over the sparkplug, all of the tachs work good with plastic top shroud saws.

I thought we were comparing the tt-20K to the Fast Tach. Is the Tiny Tach wireless? I don't think it is but don't know for sure. I just found out, and I didn't know, that the fast tech has different settings.

So both the tt-20k and the fast tach are fast refresh (0.5 sec) per what I am seeing. Both are wireless and can be set to do different pulses per revolution. 1 per revolution, 1 per 2 revolutions, etc. Both have replaceable batteries. The Tiny Tach looks to me to be wire only and a non replaceable battery. The tt-20K can take a wire lead but that is about the only difference. Well, size, the fast tach is smaller. Wire would be nice for mowers, cars or other engines were it would be inconvenient to hold the tach next to the wire.

Latest posts

Back