Thoughts on the Tech Tach tt-20k?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a used Tech Tach that worked well for many years. A while back I went to use it and it wouldn't work.
I called DTI and after I explained I had no idea how old this one was or its use history they said to send it in to be checked out.
After they determined it was fried, I was ready to purchase a new one and they immediately said they would send me a new one for $20.

Pretty good customer service.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bought a used Tech Tach that worked well for many years. A while back I went to use it and it wouldn't work.
I called DTI and after I explained I had no idea how old this one was or its use history they said to send it in to be checked out.
After they determined it was fried, I was ready to purchase a new one and they immediately said they would send me a new one for $20.

Pretty good customer service.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You got lucky. They were fine in selling it me but when it came time for a repair they started the games. They had promised to send me a new one but nothing arrived. When I contacted them they decided not to send one. Not reason was given. They did say send it back but the postage from Canada to the us was crazy.. all in all it left a bad taste in my mouth. Glad yours works well gents it is a great tool to have in ones tool box

Went to use my DTI Fast Tach yesterday and something aint right with it. Swapped out the batteries and all I get is 0000 on the readout, it won't turn off at all - left it overnight and still on this morning. Not been used much since I got it, was more to tune my ear, but still need one. Pretty disappointed in this tach failure. Sounds like it's not worth contacting the manufacturer if I'm not in USA, but I have done so anyway.

I ended up with a Fast Tach. I don't use it much, but still managed to drop it the second or third time onto concrete. I emailed the company and Steve had me ship it back. I recieved replacement about a week later. Can't argue with that. I hope you get taken care off, Kiwi!

Went to use my DTI Fast Tach yesterday and something aint right with it. Swapped out the batteries and all I get is 0000 on the readout, it won't turn off at all - left it overnight and still on this morning. Not been used much since I got it, was more to tune my ear, but still need one. Pretty disappointed in this tach failure. Sounds like it's not worth contacting the manufacturer if I'm not in USA, but I have done so anyway.

I am in Canada and they have done nothing to try and keep my business. Sent mine in and even though it was signed for they have yet to make good on the promise to send me one out. Seems they can now not locate it. Had a rep from he Stihl tech center send me an EDT 8 to replace my " lost " one.

TT-20K looks considerably larger. I'm just wondering why you guys want the larger unit.
I just wanted one that worked, I had to push very hard on the start button and maybe several times to get it to turn on (fast tach), then it might go thru a series of numbers before it settled down maybe in the wrong mode, then I would have to try to get it in the right mode, then when it was reading rpms on the saw it would stop on a number that was obviously not correct, then to get it to reset and in the rite mode I would have to go thru all this again. Thanks but no thanks, the tt20 works just fine. ymmv

It does act funny sometimes. Next time I will get one with leads. For taking quick reads it works but I can't hold the throttle, turn the carb screw and hold the tach at once. I only have two hands on my two arms, fortunately.

After a few emails, bottom line is it is outside the warranty period so they can take a crack at repairing it if I want to send it back, but everything is on me.
I'll buy another tach, but not anything DTI/Tinytach make.

I really like this one.
You can also replace the battery when it quits.

Very fast refresh rate for chainsaws.

G310000050 Echo Oppama PET-304 2-stroke Tachometer Echo/Shindaiwa Service Tool
search flea bay and look at trukfixer1 30 day money back if you don't like it.
or enter this number in the ebay search bar.

I really like this one.
You can also replace the battery when it quits.

Very fast refresh rate for chainsaws.

G310000050 Echo Oppama PET-304 2-stroke Tachometer Echo/Shindaiwa Service Tool
search flea bay and look at trukfixer1 30 day money back if you don't like it.
or enter this number in the ebay search bar.

Any thoughts on the PET-304? On the description it says you can't replace the battery. I am between that and the TT 20k

Any thoughts on the PET-304? On the description it says you can't replace the battery. I am between that and the TT 20k

Here is a recent listing by trukfixer1 on flea bay of the pet 304 by echo.
Send him a email with your question.

He also is the main member here at this small mechanical engine forum site and his user name is bsengine.

http://ppeten.com/forums/index.php

You can register, go to the tech discussion forum and ask your question or send him a PM.
(He will gladly answer your questions promptly.
I bought a PET 304 him because he says it has the replaceable battery and it has a very fast refresh rate and everything he says is right on.

Back