Tips on cutting big wood with a small saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More oil in the gas or rent a bigger saw or find some as members near you that would assist in the big cuts with their big saws

My very first root ball stump did fly straight up once I had all the branches off. It was a large pine tree. Now the first thing I cut is the stump in most cases. Be careful.

If your still going to tackle is, make sure you have a few wedged handy incase it moves and pinches the bar, and a high lift jack can help too, apart from that you have been given some great advice.
I always take wedges and jack, and an assortment of other tools when cutting.

T

More importantly than anything else, make sure it's not tuned too lean.
Seconded you could change you mix to 32/35/1 & re tune a gnat's whisker on the rich side Don't lean on the saw Keep the chain as sharp of possible & let it do the cutting a few extra seconds at idle will not harm the saw & the bottom end will be gratful

Haha the wood is long gone cut and burnt. The entire thing was cut up as an insurance job, they got a Crane in to do it. The tree fell across my dads driveway and onto the neighbors roof, the insurance company got the tree cut up with in about two weeks but it took about 18 months to get the neighbors roof fixed.

I did a cut, well a clean up after a tree fell across the property line. Both neighbors were a handful to deal with. The neighbor who owned the tree didn’t want to pay for the cleanup. It was a large tree so my 2100 was needed. I cut the trunk to the property line that’s it. I hate seeing people argue.

Latest posts

Back