• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Trunnion mounted cylinder

Andy607

Andy607

ArboristSite Lurker
Anyone ever add trunnion mount pins to a cylinder successfully? Advice?

Basically, I’d like to convert a base mount cylinder over to trunnions.
Thanks.

rancher2

rancher2

ArboristSite Guru
I have a homemade vertical splitter that has a trunnion cylinder on it. It is a very heavy built surplus cylinder that I would say was for like a track Cat type loader or something like that. It has last well the last ten years. I think trying to weld mounts on a base mount cylinder is not going to last. The reason I built the splitter around a trunnion cylinder was the cost of the cylinder back then.

JeffHK454

JeffHK454

Addicted to ArboristSite
Trunnion cylinders that have a band welded to the tube have the hone work done afterward welding, it will have a misshapen ID due to heat. And like was said above the wall thickness is considerably more on tube mounted trunnions.

Andy607

Andy607

ArboristSite Lurker
Hard to see on my phone.
2 plates either end, connected by all thread, bolted to a mounting base at the rod (front) end?
Good idea.