Tygon size?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Dave just bought a mix of sizes from your outfit, great service. One thing I think people forget is when most ethanol absorbs moisture it drops to the bottom of the tank and after multiple tanks the % increases. This is really what causes most damage. As a side note I found in Ca. that Chevron blends their ethanol in at the refinery and it does not separate and does not show any ethanol in tube type testers, so basicly it's not absorbing water. This keeps it from increasing %. This fuel acts and runs like non E fuel. Ken

I heard there is a second "tygon" tubing that is good for E-10, and that it is blue. I just have not heard the formulation blend # yet and will be following discussions to try and find out...

Stens 115-327 Tygon which is the 4040 blend
  • OD: 3/16"
  • Ethanol: Compatible with greater than 10% ethanol fuel
  • Special formulation for all power equipment
  • Resists swelling and hardening
  • Oil and gas resistant

i tried 1 roll of the oregon 30% stuff and threw it away after only doing a few trimmers with it.

What specifically didnt you like about the Oregon 30% ?

I would try that Stens blue line stuff for 100% ethanol ............... just dont know where to get it

What specifically didnt you like about the Oregon 30% ?

I would try that Stens blue line stuff for 100% ethanol ............... just dont know where to get it
to stiff and hard to work with. doesnt have the "give" needed to seal where it goes through the tank and is hard to get pushed on the fuel filter. nothing to do with resistance to fuel. I am happy to use my Tygon and didnt see enough advantage to switch away from it.

to stiff and hard to work with. doesnt have the "give" needed to seal where it goes through the tank and is hard to get pushed on the fuel filter. nothing to do with resistance to fuel. I am happy to use my Tygon and didnt see enough advantage to switch away from it.
Thanks, if you get any leads on the Stens blue stuff for 100% ethanol ............. please let me know

There is also tygon 1100 which is harder to work with then 4040 which I am testing in 3 2 strokes right now.
Then there is the newer 100% ethanol 1200 I am waiting on to test.
the 1100 is probably the same stuff as oregon. oregon probably has it branded for them. the the 1200 is probably the same as that true blue 100% that i mentioned. Stens uses Tygon line and just puts it in a stens box. same with Briggs and stratton. cant see oregon being any different.

There is also tygon 1100 which is harder to work with then 4040 which I am testing in 3 2 strokes right now.
Then there is the newer 100% ethanol 1200 I am waiting on to test.
Just read the thread over yonder.....basically the same results i came up with using the oregon 30% stuff...hard to work with, stiff, does not like going onto the barbed fittings. the 4040 has been lasting anywhere from 1-3 yrs depending on the customer...and what i can only assume is the ethanol content of their gas and leaving gas sit in the tank.

l have a feeling that a lot of 'tygon' sold on the interwebs is chinese copy and not in fact really tygon. l have had similar experience to westcoaster and find their lines not equal diameter to OEM. They can be made to work but its always alittle big or small. l bought it after many on here recommended it but l am not sure if its really tygon at all.....more like rebadged fish tank air line.

the stuff i used was genuine tygon from the dealer though. i have learned to just not trust any fuel line that is transparent and/or has shiny film. it seems the black line with that light white powder on it is the best stuff and lasts the longest. it seems exact to OEM too. my 372 still has it's original line from 03 :). it's not hard or mushy either. it just never sits.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/331120034053?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

so you had the 30% line from Oregon come apart on you?
I am interested in how the true blue works out as well
Dave

the dealer here orders in the tygon and it's strange. the label on the box says oregon but the line itself says tygon on it in white letters. i have suspicions that it is all the same **** besides that yellow ebay garbage. i've tried every yellow line available, even that blue line. i judged fuel lines long before i joined AS. i only use line that is similar to OEM as that is all that seems to last and not turn into a goo. in the past i used to install a new line in any saw and always used tygon. i soon began to realize that the tygon was literally melting in layers it seemed. if you let the saw sit anymore then a couple weeks the thing wouldn't start because the melted layer on the inside plugged the line. it's not an issue on saws that get used everyday as it keeps the line clear but it will still get gooey. if you've had a saw that has had tygon for any length of time pull the line and just look at what the part that was inside the tank looks like. it stiff'ns up and has a gooey coating. all in all, the fact tygon can't be bothered to make something that actually fits is annoying enough, the fact that the line is trash is just an added annoyance. my findings are that any transparent/shiny line is gonna be junk (so far for me it has been anyways). of course, guys can use what they want. just trying to help with my findings and i haven't just replaced a few lines in my life like most here LOL

the dealer here orders in the tygon and it's strange. the label on the box says oregon but the line itself says tygon on it in white letters. i have suspicions that it is all the same **** besides that yellow ebay garbage. i've tried every yellow line available, even that blue line. i judged fuel lines long before i joined AS. i only use line that is similar to OEM as that is all that seems to last and not turn into a goo. in the past i used to install a new line in any saw and always used tygon. i soon began to realize that the tygon was literally melting in layers it seemed. if you let the saw sit anymore then a couple weeks the thing wouldn't start because the melted layer on the inside plugged the line. it's not an issue on saws that get used everyday as it keeps the line clear but it will still get gooey. if you've had a saw that has had tygon for any length of time pull the line and just look at what the part that was inside the tank looks like. it stiff'ns up and has a gooey coating. all in all, the fact tygon can't be bothered to make something that actually fits is annoying enough, the fact that the line is trash is just an added annoyance. my findings are that any transparent/shiny line is gonna be junk (so far for me it has been anyways). of course, guys can use what they want. just trying to help with my findings and i haven't just replaced a few lines in my life like most here LOL
To me it sounds more like you have been using Excelon line. That is what happens to it

This is what we use, have 4 or 5 boxes in different sizes. No ethanol fuel here so maybe that helps, I'm not sure. For most saws we use the OEM line... the "curly Q" line or the formed line most Stihls have. The Tygon is mostly for other small engines.20150630_185450.jpg

To me it sounds more like you have been using Excelon line. That is what happens to it

LOL you seem to think i'm stupid and can't read labels. i've used every yellow line available on ebay and every yellow line available at any dealer 5 hours from me. trust me, i know very well what tygon is and know what the oregon branded stuff is although i believe they are the same trash. i've never even heard of excelon line but i have probably used it. is it that stuff on ebay? i fully expect a dealer who's been using this **** line to hope that what i say is BS but i assure you it isn't. you've been using garbage in your customers equipment just like every other dealer. it's good for dealers though. put it in and replace it again the next time the customer goes to use his saw after a long sit. there are many here on AS that know full well what i'm talking about with the tygon. i would sure hope a dealer who is supposed to be a small engine mechanic would know as well.

LOL you seem to think i'm stupid and can't read labels. i've used every yellow line available on ebay and every yellow line available at any dealer 5 hours from me. trust me, i know very well what tygon is and know what the oregon branded stuff is although i believe they are the same trash. i've never even heard of excelon line but i have probably used it. is it that stuff on ebay? i fully expect a dealer who's been using this **** line to hope that what i say is BS but i assure you it isn't. you've been using garbage in your customers equipment just like every other dealer. it's good for dealers though. put it in and replace it again the next time the customer goes to use his saw after a long sit. there are many here on AS that know full well what i'm talking about with the tygon. i would sure hope a dealer who is supposed to be a small engine mechanic would know as well.
Wasn't implying anything. What you describe is exactly what I have had happen with excelon fuel line is all I was meaning and I guess it didn't read like that. I use tygon in the 2 sizes listed in this thread. Everything else gets the Echo black lines or Dolmar line. I only use OEM lines for the molded fuel lines like Stihl uses. I don't like selling/installing junk. I like to sleep at night and selling lesser quality parts does not allow me to sleep very well. If I had the experience you have had with the tygon I would quit selling it but I haven't. It has lasted anywhere from 1 year to as many as 3 and I'm sure some of my customers have went longer. I have also sold new echo equipment and it came back 6 months later needing lines and a filter....the aluminum filter body was dissolved to goo. The worst case of tygon outlasted that brand new echo tiller that was equipped with the EPA approved low permeation fuel lines. Just my .02 for what it's worth.

Wasn't implying anything. What you describe is exactly what I have had happen with excelon fuel line is all I was meaning and I guess it didn't read like that. I use tygon in the 2 sizes listed in this thread. Everything else gets the Echo black lines or Dolmar line. I only use OEM lines for the molded fuel lines like Stihl uses. I don't like selling/installing junk. I like to sleep at night and selling lesser quality parts does not allow me to sleep very well. If I had the experience you have had with the tygon I would quit selling it but I haven't. It has lasted anywhere from 1 year to as many as 3 and I'm sure some of my customers have went longer. I have also sold new echo equipment and it came back 6 months later needing lines and a filter....the aluminum filter body was dissolved to goo. The worst case of tygon outlasted that brand new echo tiller that was equipped with the EPA approved low permeation fuel lines. Just my .02 for what it's worth.

you need to observe some of what happens to these lines. it's easy to not look at it until a problem arises but if you did you would realize that the line is just plain no good. the link of AM line on ebay i post is FAR better and actually fits.

you need to observe some of what happens to these lines. it's easy to not look at it until a problem arises but if you did you would realize that the line is just plain no good. the link of AM line on ebay i post is FAR better and actually fits.

I completely agree, I learned the hard way. Tygon line sucks.

Back