West Coast Fallers Pay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
seriuosly tho, i never herd of fallers getting a day rate.......i'd be broke fast paying that way. pay by the thousand or load, a good faller will make money.

Day waging came in as the huge old growth timber started to get scarce. In big timber a busheler could make good money but in smaller second growth it became a starvation deal.
I've cut for day wages quite a bit and there's usually no goofing off. The side rod or bull buck knows about how much wood a guy should get on the ground taking into consideration the terrain and the timber. There are usually no hard and fast numbers but if everybody else is cutting a certain amount and one guy keeps coming up short it shows up real quick. A faller might have an off day here and there but when his production shows any kind of drop people start watching. It actually puts more pressure on the faller than working by the foot. The guys running the jobs pay attention. They have to. Somebody is watching them, too.

And...a tip of the hat to Windthrown for outting yet another BA persona. BA used to be kind of funny and sometimes even entertaining. Not often, granted, but sometimes.
Now he's just pathetic. The man needs to get himself some help. If he wasn't such an obnoxious ass hole he'd probably realize that.

i didn't expect him here, shame on me.
i guess its different here Bob, one faller with no one else falling is the norm. i can see what your saying though.

That's a lot of it I think...the difference in the type of wood and the volume required to make it pay. On a decent sized job there might be several fallers working at once and ...given similarities in timber and terrain....a goof off will stand out quick.

I don't spend much time on the CS side since it seems like all the same ole questions quickly followed by who's got the biggest "saw"... or your tool is a funny color thing... Boring really...

Been awhile since I poked my head into the home helper thing too...
What???!!! You don't go to Chainsaw? Why not? Don't you care whose 661 with a 20" bar is cutting a cookie 1/1000ths of a second faster than somebody elses? Don't you lie awake nights wondering which of the latest crop of saw building wonder boys has the fastest saw? My God man, where's your humanity?
I'll bet you can't even name from memory more than fifteen or twenty different kinds of saw oil and the chemical properties of each. Those guys in Chainsaw can. And do. And then they argue endlessly with each other about it. Endlessly.

Wait a minute...I think maybe I just answered my own question.

And...a tip of the hat to Windthrown for outting yet another BA persona. BA used to be kind of funny and sometimes even entertaining. Not often, granted, but sometimes.
Now he's just pathetic. The man needs to get himself some help. If he wasn't such an obnoxious ass hole he'd probably realize that.

Naw, you, SlowP and Randy had all ratted him out before I even saw this thread. The BA could keep an army of psychiatrists busy for eternity. He has been busy here again. He has added many userIDs since he was booted off of AS as BA and Overclock. Many of his personas became members in November '14 through January of '15. He is easy to spot. As a new member he posts some BS and then he runs with it, and of late he cross posts to himself as other members. In this thread that would be 'square1' above. There was another thread just like this one where he posed as a seasoned arborist in Maine, full of the same BS as this one. SS has cleaned up over a dozen of him here in the last month.

Naw, you, SlowP and Randy had all ratted him out before I even saw this thread. The BA could keep an army of psychiatrists busy for eternity. He has been busy here again. He has added many userIDs since he was booted off of AS as BA and Overclock. Many of his personas became members in November '14 through January of '15. He is easy to spot. As a new member he posts some BS and then he runs with it, and of late he cross posts to himself as other members. In this thread that would be 'square1' above. There was another thread just like this one where he posed as a seasoned arborist in Maine, full of the same BS as this one. SS has cleaned up over a dozen of him here in the last month.

That's good. I'm glad SS is doing something constructive.

Stamper, let's just forget about it and we'll have a beer.

I have clobbered a few BA alts as well. I usually wait until he actually breaks a rule or admits who he is, though, and I missed this one because somebody got to him first! Ah, well, this game of whack-a-mole is far from over, I fear.
How come BA needs to be such a mole? Isn't it a big waste of energy? Why can't he just fit in like the rest of us?
John

You cannot forget about this psychopath. He will pop here again tomorrow or the nest day, and suck more people in. Must be vigilant.

As for the beer well, that's a given. :cheers:
Henry, I only have two beers left. I'd share them with you and BA if you were here and I'd get some more because that's what Gypo's do. Woodcutters seem to be very tolerant and independent and know how to make it on their own for some unknown reason.
Very Best Regards,
John

Back