West Coast Fallers Pay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[QUOTE

How's my posing going?

Shod[/QUOTE]
I think you're doing just fine.
Isn't the stihl an 088? If so I don't think they came in Arctic. The husky looks to be a 385 or 390.
I bet you are right about the pic being from Canada.

Nah, he didn't ring true from the start. Too many mistakes, not enough questions answered, too many little things wrong with how he presents himself. The best fallers...and loggers... don't have to blow their own horn like he does.
I thought I'd play along. You know..."give 'em enough rope....".

And if I'm wrong, which sometimes happens, I'll help you with the beer buying.:cheers:

Yah, I was thinking this morning that I was ruining your fun. You and RMac sniffed him out pretty fast. As you said, he would have no teeth in a hurry up in Astoria. Or Tillamook. Or wherever in the Midwest he resides.

Fish on! I will supply the rope, and some Papst. Hey, more for the rest of us, he does not drink.

The second one is Duane, and the big guy is the boss. They are out of Vernonia, OR, I think and were on the first season of Axe Men. The name of their outfit has failed me.
I'll look it up on Wickpedia, of course.

[QUOTE

How's my posing going?

Shod
I think you're doing just fine.
Isn't the stihl an 088? If so I don't think they came in Arctic. The husky looks to be a 385 or 390.
I bet you are right about the pic being from Canada.[/QUOTE]

Your right Gypo

Shod

Yah, I was thinking this morning that I was ruining your fun. You and RMac sniffed him out pretty fast. As you said, he would have no teeth in a hurry up in Astoria. Or Tillamook. Or wherever in the Midwest he resides.

Fish on! I will supply the rope, and some Papst. Hey, more for the rest of us, he does not drink.

I don't know if you realize it or not but you kinda hung yourself with your buddies rope with that comment.

I guess your pretty impressed with warehouser day wagers?

I can give you Mike O'Brien's number if your looking for a job.

Shod

Yup, sounds good. I'll just sit back and watch the fun. This whole thread is good for grins.

In the meantime, I just pulled a Uhaul trailer from Grass Valley to Fortuna and now I have to unload the SOB. I am never moving again! :angry:

Yup, sounds good. I'll just sit back and watch the fun. This whole thread is good for grins.

In the meantime, I just pulled a Uhaul trailer from Grass Valley to Fortuna and now I have to unload the SOB. I am never moving again! :angry:

Gologit, hope your move went well. :D

If you've cut a fair bit around the Fortuna area I highly doubt your all that impressed with what you'd find in Tillamook or Astoria. Fortuna is definitely not day slug territory.

If you get the chance stop in at the Widow White RV in McKinleyville and tell the old logger Charlie Montana says hello. Charlie will be more than happy to tell you who I am.

Shod

Ya well, I'm not from Oregon ya fum ducker. Not to mention I'm a true Gypo. That means I eat right,sleep right, don't drink, or use tobacco. You see cutting logs when trying to produce is a lot like an Olympic athlete trying to win a gold metal. The athlete who's frequenting the local bar usually is running a phucking mile behind. Trust me fella I already know what most these day wage slugs are up to. You don't understand my lingo because you don't understand Gypo mentality.

Hell, I think I'll just call my cutting partner high dollar Dave and well just cut these jobs the 2 of us. I know he can put a million a month on the ground by himself.

What's that going to take 8-10 of these day wage bar drinking slugs.

I'm outta here.

Shod

A true gypo? :ices_rofl: Oh Ape, you are so good with words. But you keep giving yourself away. Same old same old. My BS meter is so far off the scale it shattered. For your next attempt to pretend to be a west coast 'cutter', gyppos are union busting, beer drinking, cigarette smoking cursing hacks that get into bar brawls on a regular basis. See that avatar I have here? Hank is the king of the gyppo loggers. You could say that Ken coined the term, or at least brought it into common use. You savvy, Brush Ape?

I thought that you were out of here Fake Gypo , the door hit you in the back of the head and you were Shanghai'd out of Astoria on a freighter and enslaved in some shanty in SE Asia where you are busy hacking web sites from. I see you have also cultivated your other Brush Ape renditions cross posting from and to your other noob personae to give yourself more credibility here. So typical of your methods here of late. It must be hard keeping track of all those personalities in your head.

Humbolt? Man, you gonna be wet there compared to the Sierra foothills. Never move, yes. Always sucks.

WTF is this? maybe i should sell out and come out there with 1270 to make some real money LOL

seriuosly tho, i never herd of fallers getting a day rate.......i'd be broke fast paying that way. pay by the thousand or load, a good faller will make money.

on second thought, i think i'll just stay here and slay these fat poplar long as i can get um.

Humbolt? Man, you gonna be wet there compared to the Sierra foothills. Never move, yes. Always sucks.

Gologit, I'm requesting a little more rope Friendo....your pale windthrown is using it all on himself and he won't save any for me.:D

You was right.....this is gonna get kinda comical.:clap:

Shod​

WTF is this? maybe i should sell out and come out there with 1270 to make some real money LOL

seriuosly tho, i never herd of fallers getting a day rate.......i'd be broke fast paying that way. pay by the thousand or load, a good faller will make money.

on second thought, i think i'll just stay here and slay these fat poplar long as i can get um.

Correct me, if I'm wrong, but fallers:bowdown: started getting paid by the hour when the trees got smaller. Or paid by the day. Most are cutting in plantations now. And, the trend seems to be to just fall the tree and let the delimber or processor on the landing do the rest.

could be in some places Ms. P........here the few of us left only hand fall big timber of buffers the machines can't go into.
i guess a guy would have to prove to me he was worth it for an hourly wage. on the other hand, i'v had piece rate fallers make a terrible mess just getting alot on the ground so they can get paid.

all this is why i just move what i can by myself now.

Careful, that kind of talk is pretty damn offensive in these parts.

I have to ask treeslayer,

If you were in my shoes looking for some good cutters who would you hire?

The faller who's been daywaging for the last 20 years or would you go looking in bushler territory?

I'm just trying to make an educated business decision here.

Thanks
Shod

well Shod, things are so different between here and there, i'm not sure how to answer you. it seems like around here every few years there is some cat that can out do every one that came before him and there fore he is worth more. they never make it.
i do understand there is a lot more hand falling on your side. i do agree a good faller should get paid well.........i would want to get paid well. i just got sic of giving guys a shot that really didn't know what they were doing.
good luck to you. it just seems to me that you could go broke fast paying that good a money per hour if the guy is not producing logs in a hurry.
no real offense intended.........a little advice tho, tone down just a smidge, ya might get more response to what you want to know.

Latest posts

Back