West Coast Fallers Pay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a history lesson in fallers lingo, in California there called Choppers, Alaska there called Bushlers. Washington there called Fallers, Oregon Coast there called day wage slugs. Some call em day hackers. Any way you look at it it stems from pure ass lazy!

Yup, definitely getting a lot of snow here. :rolleyes:

Methinks you are pulling Bob's plonker here,

Nah, he didn't ring true from the start. Too many mistakes, not enough questions answered, too many little things wrong with how he presents himself. The best fallers...and loggers... don't have to blow their own horn like he does.
I thought I'd play along. You know..."give 'em enough rope....".

And if I'm wrong, which sometimes happens, I'll help you with the beer buying.:cheers:

Nah, he didn't ring true from the start. Too many mistakes, not enough questions answered, too many little things wrong with how he presents himself. The best fallers...and loggers... don't have to blow their own horn like he does.
I thought I'd play along. You know..."give 'em enough rope....".

And if I'm wrong, which sometimes happens, I'll help you with the beer buying.:cheers:
**** that! I'm halfway thru Colorado with the 394, 17lbs of snoose, 14 cans of folger's, and a pallet of donetto's.

Trollin' for suckers I'm guessing.

That said I was offered $500 for a 6- hour day last year on some helicopter ground a bit east of here last summer. Maybe his wage info is sort of on keel? Maybe he's a bit windy.

Fe

That said I was offered $500 for a 6- hour day last year on some helicopter ground a bit east of here last summer. Maybe his wage info is sort of on keel? Maybe he's a bit windy.

Most likely for Ron Grove.......I just looked that one up on the internet!

Shod

I saw where a C module was paid $1146 a day last summer, but that's 2 qualified C fallers, wet rate, and a 12 hour day. But that wasn't Oregon Coastal Timber, it was that flatgrounder small stuff by Winthrop. They were in a hurry to demob, they had a 3 hour drive to the next job, and 4 hours to get there. After a stop to replace the socks and underwear that were stolen out of his tent. I think they got his paperwork done in time.

Oh yeah, I thought you were out a here at post 57?

Fe

Most likely for Ron Grove.......I just looked that one up on the internet!

Shod
I know it wasn't Mike Norman Cutting, there kinda on the cheap side. Superior Heli has always been a bit cheap. I guess there calling themselves Swanson Group nowadays.

Columbia is still working.....anyone who knows Steve or Stan Cronoster already know that. Ron grove is there other contractor. Sheesh Gologit.....seems your a bit outta the loop now days. Of coarse Ron's contracting for Kroman also.

They just finished up a job out of Levenworth Wa. Ron's got some work at the moment south of roseburg but its paying real cheap so you might want to think twice. Probably be better off day wage hacking for Jeff Wagle if your from the Rosebirg area. I hear Huffman @ Wright are finally running fellas on the numbers but most you fellas that are outta the loop probably have no idea who any of these people are. If you don't then your definitely not in the loop. If you say you do I might ask a few questions just to make sure your not trying to blow smoke up my ass.

For anyone in California who ever worked for Bob and Tom......Bob passed away a few years back. He was a damn good man.....sure miss him.

Shod

For anyone in California who ever worked for Bob and Tom......Bob passed away a few years back.
Funny. I had a weird feeling the other day that Bob might just be a zombie. Suspicions confirmed.
BTW, no-worries, as it's cool to be a zombie, vampire or were-wolf these days

I know it wasn't Mike Norman Cutting, there kinda on the cheap side. Superior Heli has always been a bit cheap. I guess there calling themselves Swanson Group nowadays.

Columbia is still working.....anyone who knows Steve or Stan Cronoster already know that. Ron grove is there other contractor. Sheesh Gologit.....seems your a bit outta the loop now days. Of coarse Ron's contracting for Kroman also.

They just finished up a job out of Levenworth Wa. Ron's got some work at the moment south of roseburg but its paying real cheap so you might want to think twice. Probably be better off day wage hacking for Jeff Wagle if your from the Rosebirg area. I hear Huffman @ Wright are finally running fellas on the numbers but most you fellas that are outta the loop probably have no idea who any of these people are. If you don't then your definitely not in the loop. If you say you do I might ask a few questions just to make sure your not trying to blow smoke up my ass.

For anyone in California who ever worked for Bob and Tom......Bob passed away a few years back. He was a damn good man.....sure miss him.

Shod
Goligit, I see your from Redwood Country. Thought if ask a few questions just to make sure your lagit. Do you know Lester Brown? Which logging company did he work for? How about Dave Walters? Dale Fuhgate? **** Shirman? Who owns the Wildwood saw shop. What town is it in? Gotta make sure your who you say you are bud.

I'm smelling smoke!

Shod

Anyone know these guys? I found this pic on a google search.View attachment 402231
Kanooks maybe? The Stihl has the Arctic air filter cover and those saws are only sold in Canada! Seems a bit like a poser pic because the husky looks brand new and the bar appears to have not been into a tree yet. Kinda makes me think season one of the manly soap myself. The Kid is a Cutter for sure as you can see his inside chaps looped over where inside chaps loop over.

How's my posing going?

Shod

Back