whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We planted 10 Bracken Brown Beauty magnolias in a day and a half's work Thu and Fri and netted $5k plus (over $200. per man hour). Nursery loaded all ten 30 gal. 10' trees in my f800 20' flat low boy dump, drove to the job and unloaded them with the Dingo and ball squeezer (beware of the ball squeezer). Dropped the ball squeezer and put on the auger and 36" auger bit and dug all 10 holes in about 2 hours. Replaced auger with the ball squeezer again and took all 10 trees up the grade and centered them over the hole and dropped them in after taking the pot off.

Pushed the dirt half way full in each hole, watered them to pudding then backed filled the rest of the way and watered again. Built little retention mounds around each planting with the extra dirt then covered the ball tops with degraded wood chips from the lot. Cha ching. Client and neighbors were amazed how it all went down and praised the beauty of the screen planting. We had removed a row of Spruce with needle cast and one with cytospora canker and ground the stumps for a nice pay day the week before.

Cam work a bit shoddy with one hand....

Nice job! Just goes to show you don’t have to be light in the loafers to do that sort of work. Good for you!!:yes:

Nice job! Just goes to show you don’t have to be light in the loafers to do that sort of work. Good for you!!:yes:
And nice to take a break and make serious bank while taking the break. Show off equipment span and have onlookers way impressed to the point they will talk you up. We are the stars around here and everyone knows it. Live right in the middle of town on a hill in an understated house with lawyers, doctors, pilots, judges, company owners all around us. Mansions and old suburban estates around the corners. Next week mostly ash borer treatments making 5 to 10 times more than over bid removals. Cheers.KIMG0070 (1).JPG

View attachment 907131Another crane day, trailer is a little overloaded, but the truck pulled it good. Smoked a twin stem pin oak in a couple hours to start the day and then started a job with a bunch of poplars. That 38 ton altec is so impressive. 4500/5000lbs brush picks are very common.
I’m not gonna lie or blow smoke. That’s just bad ass though!!

Good for you! Phil said you were a good dude.

Nice but that is just an average pick in most instances. We picked an 8500 lb leader over the house in one of my vids. 5k picks are average with my sub and 50 tonner. You need to get out more Paul.

KIMG0867.JPGmore spruce today. And a big arborvitae. Nice easy job for the county.

Blue and white spruce are taking a beating from cytospra and stigmina

My bucket truck is getting lettered. Looking forward to getting it back at the end of the day tomorrow.

Did $6k today driving around in A/C in my new F550 with my CA groundman and a case of 4 mil Mauget imicide and an 18 volt Dewalt drill. That is how we roll. We often do over $6k with this drop dead gorgeous hunk of spray rig as well. Nobody else smart enough to do this schit I guess. But we also do the most difficult and dangerous removals in the history of tree work in our spare time when called on. :)

thumbnail (4).jpg11206597_914767085248033_140305353891552096_o.jpg

Did $6k today driving around in A/C in my new F550 with my CA groundman and a case of 4 mil Mauget imicide and an 18 volt Dewalt drill. That is how we roll. We often do over $6k with this drop dead gorgeous hunk of spray rig as well. Nobody else smart enough to do this schit I guess. But we also do the most difficult and dangerous removals in the history of tree work in our spare time when called on. :)

View attachment 907935View attachment 907936
I've messed with Mauget capsules a bit. I'm always struggling with uptake. How long for the tree to take it? Transpiration is nice this time of year.

What are you spraying?

I've messed with Mauget capsules a bit. I'm always struggling with uptake. How long for the tree to take it? Transpiration is nice this time of year.

What are you spraying?
They are the BEST Mike as you can nail the tree and move on unlike other systems...come back later and pull injectors. The liquid DIVES out of the compressed injectors and if all doesn't come out you angle the tubes so the rest gravity feeds. Been waiting for the temps to get over 75, sunny day leaves mature, larvae active at first bloom of Robinia or Black locust and it is time. Must be done right so EVERY injector is seated right and white xylem is drawn by a brand new sharp drill bit the correct size supplied in box when you buy a case of Imicide for EAB or other material.

Back