What model is this big Homelite saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan_IN_MN

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Homelite 2000 114cc saw. Pics inside. (edited)

I visited tmurf last Saturday. He asked me if I'd get this old Homelite running for him. I took on the challenge. He said it would kind of run and he did have someone do some work on it. We didn't try to start it.

The saw has been repainted. I looked at Mike Acres site but didn't find it pictured.

Where would I look for model ID besides the missing decals?

Thank for your input!

DSC00007.jpg

DSC00006.jpg

DSC00005.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

Last edited:
Big old Hommies can be fun. Looks like it's all there. That's a decent bar. Someone has been doing some serious wood work back in the day. We'll enjoy seeing this one come back to life :)

Yep looks like this one.

Homelite 2000 by supercabs78, on Flickr

The decomp lever looks funny, bent? Maybe just the camera angle?

I see a 3/4 impact in the background! Is that for the stubborn clutches/flywheel nuts? :hmm3grin2orange:

I'm sure the decomp lever is bent. Would you have a pic of how it should look?

Those 2000's are sweeeeeeeeet saws for sure! Have one as well. Just need to adapt my large mount Stihl Tsumura bar to fit and she will be ready to go.

You will be able to figure something out for that clip, atleast you have the cover. I believe quite a few 2000's are without it.

You will be able to figure something out for that clip, atleast you have the cover. I believe quite a few 2000's are without it.

IMO I think they should have built the decomp into the fast idle throttle hold button. If that button is pushed you're starting the saw. Oh well.

It's ALIVE!

Had a little time today so I pulled the Homelite 2000 out to see why it wasn't running. It turns out that the reeds weren't sealing so they were flipped. I pulled the carb down just to check it's general condition. It reminded me of my much earlier days working on my one lung snowmobile. The Tillotson carburetor was just a tad smaller.

Aside from the decompression lever not being hooked up to the valve, and approximately 4 stripped out threads it seems good to go. I haven't put it to wood yet. My chainsaw inspector was taking a nap so no wood until she does the inspection! :D

tmurff Let me know how much work you would like me to do to this?

Here's a link to a vid of it running:

Last edited:
Would anyone have an IPL and a shop manual for this saw?

I also would like to get the little bracket that holds the decomp in decompression mode. Would anyone have a parts saw?

When I had the muffler off it looks like this guy has two thin rings. The 2100-s has two thick rings. Thoughts?

7285980604_c9a3f3797e_z.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back