• ArboristSite has decided that due to the abusive interactions users are having with each other in the political forum, we will no longer be providing a place to talk politics on this forum. Any political posts will be deleted once discovered or reported to us. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

Which less popular 50cc ish saw to port??

Yotaismygame

Yotaismygame

Juiced Saws #GetJuiced
I was doing some reading and came across a thread where someone mentioned a ported echo 520 is a beast. Suddenly i'm searching for little echo saws. Which then got me thinking....what other less popular small saws take to porting really well? Not that I need another project, but some times I like to port random saws for fun. When I did my partner 500 I was very surprised how strong it turned out.

Colt Marlington

Colt Marlington

ArboristSite Guru
I've seen about one 520 for sale in my life.

So...whatever lightly used saw you can find at a good price.
Lots of Poulan and Craftsman saws floating around in my area. And usually a good deal cheaper that the big three.

Tom B.

Tom B.

ArboristSite Operative
Look up what size you want & get one of the less expensive Chinese knock-off saws. Seen quite a few online running good actually. Some may have been ported. I can't see any of them not benefiting from a port, exhaust job.

buttercup

buttercup

Gone fishing
I did know, but thanks. Clam shell is fine.
You think it would be possible to improve a Husqvarna 445 (45cc)? I don't have a lathe or anything like that but I have lots of nice grinding tools and know how to use them.
I wanted to buy a new 545v2 for next year season but it seems difficult to set aside money for it these times... :(

Huskybill

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Look up what size you want & get one of the less expensive Chinese knock-off saws. Seen quite a few online running good actually. Some may have been ported. I can't see any of them not benefiting from a port, exhaust job.
I been thinking about that or take a old vintage saw and port it into a beast?