Wiseco piston update from Baileys

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The first ones are in. It's time for some testing. As you may know, I don't get to run my saws a lot. Many of you do. What I'm looking for are individuals that are high hour volume users that could run these new pistons for some durability testing. What would happen, is you would send your saw to me for installation. I will be doing fit and finish evaluation on these piston. The piston is free to you. You only pay me $50 labor and shipping both ways.

I need one each of the following saws. 372, 044/440, 046/460, or 066/660. They are all standard bore. These are direct factory replacements with no performance enhancing features. However, they are forged and should be more durable. I'm only interested in saws that are currently in perfect running condition. No exceptions. I'm not looking to rebuild anyones saws in this deal. Please be honest with me.

If you fit this description and are interested, please send me a PM. At the current time, I am only looking for one of each model.

Last edited:
When approxamatly will these pistons be available for purchase?

Reason being I've got some 066-660 projects and sparked the idea after seing the Dolmar 166 thread where leeha had Wisco make pistons.

great, I was going to place anorder with them yesterday and didn't get to it, so......as luck would have it, I'll do it today.

i have an 046 but at the momment it has a big bore kit, i have the oem cylinder but its kinda yuck.... ill try and post pics.
i use my saws only 1 day a week from november to april and am thinking of doing some milling with it.
:cheers:

More than likely the pistons will be a better quality or as good quality, but probably will be heaver. It is harder to cut down on weight on a forged piston than it is on a cast piston unless you make a lot of changes to the design. Also, how are the specs going to work out on the piston in relation to cylinder wall / piston clearance.

Last edited:
sorry but thats not the case, a piece of bearing grooved the bore between the lower and upper transfers, and there is a scretch above that where the ring broke
hope you fing the saws you need, shouldnt be too hard :)
:cheers:

Back