You guys been doing it all wrong .

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is like the stone soup story. You can burn wet wood - if you have some dry wood to burn.

How long do you think it took him to cut all those rounds, given how slow that poor saw was cutting? There can't have been any edges on those cutters.

I only watched a couple of minutes, but I don't understand the whole youtube thing. Why does everyone feel like they need to make a video of themselves pretending to be an expert? What do they get out of it? Videos take too much time to watch.

There is 40 minutes of my life I won't get back. Knowing most of you are not as dumb as me and watch the whole thing might I recommend a must view segment. Go to about the 15 or 20 minute part of the video and check out his DRAFT FAN. Worth the price of admission IMO. Finally I was very disappointed that when he was trying to get the DRY kindling down to tooth pick size he didn't draw any blood.

...I don't understand the whole youtube thing. Why does everyone feel like they need to make a video of themselves pretending to be an expert?

I AGREE‼
I AGREE‼
I AGREE‼
I AGREE‼
I AGREE‼

Did I mention that I agree‼

Actually, I have youtube blocked on my browser so I never see any of the vids you guys post... unless the comments on it intrigue me, then I'll do a temporary un-block.

Actually, I have youtube blocked on my browser so I never see any of the vids you guys post... unless the comments on it intrigue me, then I'll do a temporary un-block.
Yeah, about the only time I will watch something there is if it is referenced on some forum like AS and interests me. I never go to the general youtube site and browse.

When you are reading you can go at you own pace, skip things you know and re-read parts that didn't sink in. Videos are a linear process where you can't control the pace - a terrible format for many things.

stopped at 1.35 when I saw how long it took to saw through that with a rubberband chain

Videos have fast forward and rewind, so it's not the linear part that is tough.

I think it's more that most things are easier to explain with *illustrations* (or descriptions if you must use words)...and simple photographs and videos aren't illustrations.

If a photo is worth a thousand words, it reminds me of the saying, "I regret this letter is so long, but I don't have time to write a short one." And videos are even worse!

Professional photographer and a subject matter expert working together might be able to take good photographs/videos and edit them well to be very effective.

And some amateurs know enough about what they're photographing they know where and when to be looking to try and get a lucky shot.

Most of us, me included, post photos because we can take a picture but we can't draw a picture that shows just exactly what we need to show.

How long do you think it took him to cut all those rounds, given how slow that poor saw was cutting? There can't have been any edges on those cutters.

I was thinking the same thing. I don't seen any chips just dust.

o_O Watched the whole thing. Awesome.

BTW, everyone should just start watching at the 35:00 mark - all the excitement happens about then.

Death of the dragon!

There is 40 minutes of my life I won't get back. Knowing most of you are not as dumb as me and watch the whole thing might I recommend a must view segment. Go to about the 15 or 20 minute part of the video and check out his DRAFT FAN. Worth the price of admission IMO. Finally I was very disappointed that when he was trying to get the DRY kindling down to tooth pick size he didn't draw any blood.
I was kinda hoping he would have inhaled on that thing. :laugh: That's one crispy critter.

Last edited:
I think Id rather freeze to death than spend 45 minutes getting a fire started with green wood. Id definitely rather freeze to death than hang out with that guy and have to use that homelight chainsaw.

sharpen your saw chain!
I want to set a match to that nasty **** on his head. strike a match and whooooof!

Last edited:
I was thinking the same thing. I don't seen any chips just dust.

At least he saved us from watching him torture that saw on most of the cuts. Chain was moving too fast to see if it was on backwards. After seeing his pile of "rounds" I got the message: dumbass, bye bye.
Does this jerk have any vids on chain sharpening? Could be a hoot.

Latest posts

Back