Next winter's heat - before & after

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cnice_37

cnice_37

ArboristSite Guru
This was what I did last week. A mix of red oak, elm, maple, and a bit of apple. I think its about 4.5 cords. The splitter is a 21 ton White Outdoor and the engine promptly seized on the day I was returning it (see my other thread.) Nice little splitter to work with aside from that.

Now on to stacking...

Before:
IMG_2212.jpg

IMG_2214.jpg

After:
IMG_2220-1.jpg

IMG_2219-2.jpg

rmount

rmount

ArboristSite Operative
Nice pile! That should keep you warm next winter.
I would hate to face a pile that size for stacking, it looks overwhelming! I prefer to haul in a few loads of rounds then split and stack them. That way I never really have to see how much work there is to do :dizzy:

Cambium

Cambium

ArboristSite Guru
Nice. You dont have to worry about anyone stealing that wood. :) Nice little shed there. I need a shed. Right now I store my splitter in my garage!

cnice_37

cnice_37

ArboristSite Guru
Looking good. I have a boxer as well. He does a fairly good job of keeping the wood lot free of sticks (usually by dropping them on the lawn).

Boxers are great. She isn't quite the guard dog unless you think licking an intruder is a form of defense.

Cambium : that's the small shed. When I bought the house they were both here - so this one is hand tools, the other is for mowers (and I'm trying to convince my buddy to store his quad in there!) The other needs some roof work as the previous owner neglected both drip edge / gutters.

The splitter is back at its owners, next year I'll have to get creative with storage when I get my own - I'm thinking adding an overhang/ patio pavers as decent splitter storage on the cheap.

cnice_37

cnice_37

ArboristSite Guru
Nice. You dont have to worry about anyone stealing that wood. :) Nice little shed there. I need a shed. Right now I store my splitter in my garage!

Oh yeah - you need a shed; I need a garage. I'd rather be in your shoes on that one! That's the 10 year plan if my stocks ever take off. 2.5 car garage attached by mudroom/ family room on top. Farmer's porch finishes it off. Then I can get old and rock away.

Latest posts