Old chainsaw auction in Pa

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty close to Leesburg. The rest of you might as well stay home. Unless he taps out on the Solo twin.

i like that tank track cultivator. never seen anything like it. but my money would be going for those sweet dukes of hazard rims!

That is going to be one hell of an auction. I see several items that I would like to have and they aren't chainsaws. Whoever the owner is-was will be a rich man when this auction is over. There is a lot a valuable stuff in just the pictures that is listed. I can't imagine what else is there. 99.9% of the saws I buy come from local auctions.

Less than 2 hrs. from me...

If some of you boys go up there, stop by Mt. Falls on the way back, I need some help putting siding on my garage...

Well, I attended the auction today (1hr. 35min. drive) and it was a blast. There ended up being about 190 saws in all including the biggest concentration of two man saws this side of a show that I have ever seen. There were three wright blade saws as well. There was a lot of junk (or not-so-desireable stuff), but there were abou 30-40 real nice one and two man saws. I had hoped to get my first serviceable two man today, but the only stuff selling reasonable was junk missing parts, though most did turn over with varying degrees of compression. I did end up buying some nice one man saws however.
1. Homelite 909G (112cc), tons of compression & good spark and complete with 30" bar and almost new loop of 9/16 chain (YeeeHaaaawwww!)
2. Pioneer 750 (106cc), once again very lucky with tons of compression and coated in a nice protective layer of chips and grease. Complete with 28" bar and .404 chipper chain
3.Whiz brand saw with 610 west bend (100cc), good comp and fat spark. This is a great looking saw with probably 85-90% paint. Came with 24" roller nose bar and 50% chipper chain.
4.Mcculloch 550 (i'm pretty sure) (99cc) good comp spark and a 24" bar
5.Homelite C7 (80cc), good comp and spark complete with 20" bar and chain, good paint.
6.Mcculloch Super44 (80cc), good comp, but couldn't check spark as I pulled the recoil rope out. Complete with good paint.
Any way i'm happy. The 9-23-995 series saws are some of my favorites to use and are powerhouses. I sold a pioneer 700 a year or so back and have regretted it ever since and this one is nicer with tons more comp. The rest are saws I have wanted or have had in the past and liked.
Oh yeah, I almost forgot the country ham egg and cheese breakfast sandwiches were very tasty as well.

Last edited:
Well, I attended the auction today (1hr. 35min. drive) and it was a blast. There ended up being about 190 saws in all including the biggest concentration of two man saws this side of a show that I have ever seen. There were three wright blade saws as well. There was a lot of junk (or not-so-desireable stuff), but there were abou 30-40 real nice one and two man saws. I had hoped to get my first serviceable two man today, but the only stuff selling reasonable was junk missing parts, though most did turn over with varying degrees of compression. I did end up buying some nice one man saws.
1. Homelite 909G (112cc), tons of compression & good spark and complete with 30" bar and almost new loop of 9/16 chain (YeeeHaaaawwww!)
2. Pioneer 750 (106cc), once again very lucky with tons of compression and coated in a nice protective layer of chips and grease. Complete with 28" bar and .404 chipper chain
3.Whiz brand saw with 610 west bend (100cc), good comp and fat spark. This is a great looking saw with probably 85-90% paint. Came with 24" roller nose bar and 50% chipper chain.
4.Mcculloch 550 (i'm pretty sure) (99cc) good comp spark and a 24" bar
5.Homelite C7 (80cc), good comp and spark complete with 20" bar and chain, good paint.
6.Mcculloch Super44 (80cc), good comp, but couldn't check spark as I pulled the recoil rope out. Complete with good paint.
Any way i'm happy. The 9-23-995 series saws are some of my favorites to use and are powerhouses. I sold a pioneer 700 a year or so back and have regretted it ever since and this one is nicer with tons more comp. The rest are saws I have wanted or have had in the past and liked.
Oh yeah, I almost forgot the country ham egg and cheese breakfast sandwiches were very tasty as well.

Nice score Hoss!!!! :cheers:

The green monster on my shoulder is saying that you suck..........instead of Lee (for a change).:greenchainsaw:

Well I guess Lee shouldn't have to bear that burden alone ALL the time. I do have to say that given the chance, this is the way I would always prefer to buy saws.

LOL:greenchainsaw:

Did you bid on saws by the pallet, or individualy? I saw one Homelite C7 that had a really tall handle on it. Wonder if it was originaly set up with a bow bar. Looks to have a standard bar now...

http://www.auctionzip.com/Full-Image/943459/fp63.cgi

http://www.auctionzip.com/Full-Image/943459/fp249.cgi

I'd have loved to get that old Homelite dealer sign with the E-Z on it. Those Farmall 'A' tractors with loaders got my interest too. Didja happen to see how much the apple press went for? I have one just like it (in similar condition).

http://www.auctionzip.com/Full-Image/943459/fp41.cgi

That was a fantastic collection of saws. Tons of Distons, Macs, Homelites, Lombards, Pioneers, and other awesome stuff.

Last edited:
Yup, that C7 with the skyjacker handle is now mine. As far as the pallets went, they just went pallet by pallet taking bids on "choice" allowing the winning bidder to take as many as he wanted at that price, then after the one or two hot "high doller" items were gone then usually the bids were low enough that people would buy the whole rest of a pallet. There wer between 3-7 saws per pallet usually. The Amish were well represented here. By the way I didn't see many lady bidders.......hmmmm, that's weird.

That was a fantastic collection of saws. Tons of Distons, Macs, Homelites, Lombards, Pioneers, and other awesome stuff.[/QUOTE]

Yes it was and of the seven KB7/KB7-AY Mercs there all but two had excellent compression as did two of the three DA211's.

Ya got some goodies there Hoss.
Some nice saws for any collection.
I to like the 900 series geardrives,
There a blast to run with tons of torque.

Eccentric, I'm glad i don't suck today.
You will think otherwise tomorrow.:popcorn:

Lee

There will always be competition among collectors for desirable vintage saws. It's important to remember that there's plenty of saws out there for everyone. They made a lot of many of those models it's just a matter of finding them.

The best thing we can do is help each other out with leads, sources for parts, and trading when applicable.

You are right Jacob. Some of my best saw scores have been because someone else was being vigilant and though of me. I always appreciate it.

Yup, that C7 with the skyjacker handle is now mine. As far as the pallets went, they just went pallet by pallet taking bids on "choice" allowing the winning bidder to take as many as he wanted at that price, then after the one or two hot "high doller" items were gone then usually the bids were low enough that people would buy the whole rest of a pallet. There wer between 3-7 saws per pallet usually. The Amish were well represented here. By the way I didn't see many lady bidders.......hmmmm, that's weird.

Sounds like a grand way to get some collectible saws and such. Hope to attend one of those someday.

Ya got some goodies there Hoss.
Some nice saws for any collection.
I to like the 900 series geardrives,
There a blast to run with tons of torque.

Eccentric, I'm glad i don't suck today.
You will think otherwise tomorrow.:popcorn:
Lee

:popcorn:Looking forward to seeing what you're gettin' Lee! I'll be sure to rally Randy and the rest of the boys so we can heckle you for your continued success!
:clap::cheers:

There will always be competition among collectors for desirable vintage saws. It's important to remember that there's plenty of saws out there for everyone. They made a lot of many of those models it's just a matter of finding them.

The best thing we can do is help each other out with leads, sources for parts, and trading when applicable.

Too true JJ. It's indeed a matter of both finding the saws for the right $$$ and having the 'disposable' cash on hand when the deals come around. Doesn't mean we can't have a bit of fun ribbing each other when one of us has a bit of good fortune. Lee seems to have had unualy good luck lately at scoring some seriously desirable magnesium..........................so he's been the focus of more "you suck" comments than most...:bday:

That is the truth JJ!!!!

HOSS, nice scores!
You seem to be a magnet for the 750's!!!!
Again nice grabs!!!

Well, the first saw of the haul is done today. After a points gap adjust and clean, a carb rebuild and a good cleaning the 909G roared to life and runs and idles great. Tomorrow I will swap on a .404 gear and do some cutting (might even have time for a vid). With the compression this thing has and these are already strong it should be a monster. Had the pretty cast muffler off and got a good look at the piston. It still looks new, so either the saw has a new top end or hasn't seen much internal wear.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back